Don't Get Excited
|Title:||Don't Get Excited|
|Editor(s):||Penny Century, Vesper Diem|
|Date(s):||2000 or later|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Don't Get Excited is the name of an adult het fanzine that was proposed in 2000. The editors had hoped to simultaneously release both a print and online version. It is unclear if the zine was ever published in print format; however therd is an archived an online versions for issue 1 and issue 2.
The first issue accepted fanfic that they rated NC-17.
- Need by Dianora, illustrated by Leela Starsky. Han and Leia consummate their relationship. Takes place during "Return of the Jedi."
- Interlude by Dianora. During downtime on Endor, Han and Leia think about the future.
- Variation on a Theme by Penny Century. Illustrated by Leela Starsky. Smutty fluff inspired by a moment from Barbara Hambly's Children of the Jedi. No plot. 'Nuff said.
- The Princess and the Pirate by Corellian Blue. A little role-playing never hurt anyone. Han and Leia act out a few stereotypes in their own inimitable way.
- Rising to the Occasion by Dianora, illustrated by Leela Starsky. The Solos learn they're expecting, and their response to the news is not what they'd expected.
Long Stories and Novellas
- Bridges by Marie F. The trip to Bespin -- an unexpurgated version of "Fewer and Fewer Degrees of Separation," from Marie's Missing Moments series.
- The Quality of Mercy by Vesper Diem, illustrated by the author. A/U What if Vader had learned on Bespin that Leia was his daughter -- and pregnant with Han's child?
The second issue accepted fanfic that the editors rated up to R.
- Never Tell Me The Odds by Helen Potter. A smuggler, a rebel, a not-so-innocuous card game. Takes place between "A New Hope" and "The Empire Strikes Back."
- Unavoidably Detained by Industria, illustrated by Leela Starsky. At the Endor celebration, Leia's doubts and fears threaten to blind her to a larger disaster. Warning: Sexual situations. Readers cautioned.
- To Dance With Shadows by Isolde. After the Empire's defeat, Han and Leia want to get on with their future...but what if the past won't let go? Warning: Violence, sexual situations. Readers strongly cautioned.
Long Stories and Novellas
- The Heavens That We Have In Hand by Vesper Diem. Set between "A New Hope" and "The Empire Strikes Back." Han and Leia make plans for their first date -- but an old enemy has plans of his own. Warning: Violence. Readers strongly cautioned.
- Morgan Dawn's personal notes (accessed Jan 3, 2016).
- Note that the archived website defaults to a popup window - click on the other window that opens next to it.