Debra Morgan/Dexter Morgan
|Pairing:||Dexter Morgan/Debra Morgan|
|Gender category:||Het, Incest|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
This pairing is from the show Dexter; as the title might suggest, Dexter Morgan is the main character, a serial killer who tries to kill only those who deserve it. As his name might suggest, Debra (often called Deb) Morgan is his sister. She is a policewoman, newly transferred out of vice when the show begins, who tends to use fouler language and is often underestimated and considered less smart. Dexter, comparatively, is a forensic scientist, so there's a discrepancy there. They have a good relationship, though; Dexter, who feels detached from almost everyone (on a sociopathic level) loves his sister, and tries to help her multiple times. In turn, Deb loves him, despite his sometimes very odd behavior, and defends him to others when needed.
Dexter/Debra is a popular pairing in the Dexter fandom, probably first sparked after the actors that play the characters Jennifer Carpenter & Michael C. Hall started dating and then later married - although they later got a divorce a few years later. Some fans don't like the idea of it however due to the incestial component despite the fact that neither character is actually blood related (Dexter is adopted).
The pairing name for the ship is Debster.
Common Tropes & Themes
- time yet for a hundred indecisions by danniisupernova (Set between S1&S2) Dexter is having some issues with personal space since Deb moved in.
- The Albatross by LouBlue (Set during 8x04) Dexter has a late night visitor.
- Part of the code by soodohnimh (Set after 8X05)
- Break Me Every Time by solia (AU!8x10) Deb reacts to Dexter's news about Argentina and Dexter considers some of the implications.
- A shocking confession by DragonRyuuji Debra tells Dexter she's in love with him and feels bad for getting mad afterwards. She leaves her house in the middle of the night to find him, and things she'd never expected happen to her.
- this is not an exit by scorpiod (Post S7!AU) After Debra kills Laguerta, well--Dexter thought everything had already changed, irrevocably, when she caught him in the church, but as it turns out, there's always a lower place to descend.
- My Dark Secret by mellimac
- Season 8 Kill Room by nhoinla
- Blood of my Blood by IslaDelCoco
- The Dark Passenger by darthval
- Dexter rocks by swezzels
- Dexter and Debra by TatharielCreations
- Dexter and Debra by ladunya
- Debra and Dexter Morgan by Shimon-IfraimovB
- There's something off about those Morgan kids by Kayla0B
- The Family That Kills Together by lordrogersmith6485
- "Save Me..."
- Somebody to Die for
- Love is Blindness
- Breath of Life
- Breathe Me
- Running Up that Hill
- 'A Love that could Never Be'
- Bleeding Out
- Teardrop (Season 7)
- You can't see my heart beating (S7)
- "If you hadn't been in my life, I wouldn't be who I am"
- you're a serial killer, and i'm more f*cked up than you are
- "The one constantly good thing in my life"
Archives and Communities
- In Season 6, Debra realizes she's in love with Dexter.