|Fandom:||Star Trek: TOS|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Some summaries below are by Gilda F.
- Unto The Day by Eva Stuart. Art by Ann Humphrey (20 pages) (Pre-K/S: The deaths of Edith and his brother Sam leave Kirk depressed as Christmas nears, especially since it seems to him that Spock is withdrawing from him. Sequel: The Pursuit of Love.)
- Star Trek—The Radio Programme by Tony Cullen and Tim Groome. Art by Tim Groome. (11 pages)
- They’re Not Cages Anymore by E. Hardcastle. Art by Caz (15 pages) (GEN After leaving the Elba colony, Kirk relates to McCoy his own fatherʼs ordeal with mental illness.)
- The Final Test by Vivien Young. Art by Roo (3 pages) (After Spock dies in a shuttlecraft crash, Kirk fights to follow his bondmate into death through the bond.)
- The More Complex The Mind, the Greater the Need for Play by Nancy Harvey. (3 pages) (GEN: On the Shoreleave planet, Spock conjours up his childhood pet, I-chaya.)
- The Sun Rising by Eva Stuart. Art by Roo (27 pages) (Sent through the Guardian on a trial run, Kirk picks the time of Alexander for his and Spockʼs journey: Prequel: The Anniversary. Sequel: Loveʼs War)
- Diplomatic Relations by Tessa-Jane Greebling. Art by Tim Groome. (4 pages)
- Changes by Vivien Young. Art by Roo (18 pages) (Kirk resigns from Starfleet when they try and ground him after VʼGer.)
- Puff Puff by Beryl Cleveley
- The Agony I must now endure by Eva Stuart
- Kirk and Khan by Tim Groome. Art by Tim Groome.
- The Awakening by Eva Stuart
- Poetry by Eva Stuart. Art by Tim Groome.
- When Thou has done, Thou hast not done by Eva Stuart. Art by Vivien Rivers
- Spock Transformed by Valerie Lowe
- The Starry Feeling by Valerie Lowe
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 1
See reactions and reviews for The Sun Rising.
Classified Assignments 2 was published in 1982 and contains 142 pages. Art is by Ann Humphrey, Lesley Crowther, Tim Groome, and Roo.From the editorial:
I do hope you are going to enjoy Classified Assignments 2 (or Class Ass as a friend calls it!). A lot of hard work and love of ST has gone into these stories and I would like to thank all the authors and artists for their imagination, hard work, rewrites and patience....
There is a rumour going around that I am giving up fandom and my zines, as with most rumours this is totally untrue (I suppose some strange folks just get their kicks making things up) and I hope to have another Computer Playback and Relay out later in the year. "I say hope because deadlines have to be flexible and I won't spoil the ship for a pennyworth of tar.I already have material for CA3, I don't know when it will be ready, the stories I have are super and if you would like to send a s.a.e., I will send you a flyer when the zine is published.
- The Anniversary by Eva Stuart (Kirk is being persuaded into taking a desk job as the 5 year mission comes to an end, while at the same time trying to deal with the feelings for Spock he has finally admitted to him: Sequel: The Sun Rising.) (4)
- Mother, How Can You… by Eva Stuart (23)
- Cartoon (24)
- The Merkin Legacy by Tessa-Jane Greebling (25)
- Learning to Live by Elaine Oldham (33)
- To Catch a Falling Star by Liz Abraham (34)
- Prelude by Elaine W. (Pre K/S: As Kirk takes command of the Enterprise, his need for a friend draws him to Spock as they both begin to lower their emotional shields.) (35)
- Behold a Pale Horse by H.M.V. (43)
- I Will Remain by Ann Smith (48)
- After Kahn by Tim Groome (47)
- The Decision by Vivien Young (Spock decides to leave Gol after his mental contacts with VʼGer and Kirk.) (49)
- Such Sweet Sorrow by Jo Martin (A/U: Kirk and Spock have love for one night in a Federation intolerant of homosexuality.) (54)
- Rumour? by Vicky Davidson (67)
- Insurance by S. Meek (68)
- The Solution by Eva Stuart (Kirk is unsure about leading another 5 year mission until his bondmate comes up with a plan to show him their future: Prequel: Patterns. Sequel: Winterstorm.) (71)
- Who Needs More? By Elaine Oldham (79)
- Denevan Mirror by Jo Martin (M/U: Spock, strapped in sickbay after being blinded, has a welcome visitor.) (80)
- Night of Plak Tow by Vivian Young (Humor: Kirk sees Spock through pon farr.) (84)
- To Ride the Winds of Time by Liz Abraham (89)
- Compensations by S. Meek (90)
- Standing in the Shadows by Ann Smith (93)
- ? by Vicky Davidson (94)
- Love’s War by Eva Stuart (Kirk and Spock are sent undercover disguised as a Klingon and a Romulan to help the leader of a Klingon planet: Prequel: The Sun. Sequel: The Legacy) (95)