Captain Hook/Wendy Darling
|Pairing:||Captain James Hook/Wendy Darling|
|Alternative name(s):||Hook/Wendy, HookWendy, DarlingHook|
|Fandom:||Peter Pan, Peter Pan (2003), Once Upon a Time|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Captain Hook is the villain of the classic Peter Pan story. He is Peter Pan's nemesis, whom Pan regularly antagonizes, while Wendy is a friend of Peter. Wendy, her brothers, and the lost boys are captured by Hook and his pirates before Peter rescues them.
This is often due to the reader's maturity or how old the reader is, because this can be considered a May-December romance between a young Wendy (although she is often also aged up from whatever canon source the writer is working with) and an older Hook who appears to be in his late 30s to mid-40s, but hasn't aged a day since he arrived in Neverland. Hook is generally considered to be hundreds of years old, as are some of his pirates, Smee in particular.
The Peter Pan (2003) film may have popularized the pairing due to the way that scenes between Wendy and Hook were portrayed in the film. Some might squick at this pairing, due to the fact that the actor who plays Hook in this film (Jason Isaacs) also plays Mr. Darling, Wendy's father, so the undertones of incest might turn people off.
The pairing name of "Darling Hook" did not start to appear until the characters made an appearance on OUAT, as the fandom often uses fanciful names to refer to each pairing. Most fans up to that point simply referred to the pairing as "Hook/Wendy" or "Wendy/Hook", with or without the virgule.
Common Tropes & Fanon
- Post-canon is fairly common; anything taking place after the events of the 2003 film or the end of the book.
- Once Upon A Time by KnifeInTheCrayonBox, Rated T, Wendy is kidnapped on her twenty-first birthday, and on the eve of her wedding night, by the notorious Captain Hook who plans to use her as a bargaining chip to get rid of Peter Pan once and for all...if he doesn't fall in love with her first. "I'm the bad guy—the villain. I don't get a happily ever after like the good guys do, but if I did...it would have involved you."
- The Verge of Everything by LameBicycle98, Rated T, Wendy Darling travels to Neverland one last time and ends up in the fearsome arms of Captain James Hook.
- I Promise by FairlightMuse, Rated M, A grown-up Wendy returns to Neverland to fulfill a bargain with Hook. But he keeps changing the rules! Slightly AU.
- No Unworthy Aim by Sinope, Rated M, "Hook should, perhaps, have died in England and awoken in Hell. Instead, he died in Neverland and awoke in the trenches of 1916 France."
- unless... by GumandPeanuts17
- Dream Walker by Boxjelly1
- Wendy's Hook by FuckYouFolks
- The Pirate and the Storyteller by FuckYouFolks
- Yeah whatever, it’s cool to imagine some alternate endings, Archived version by arymus
Peter Pan 2003:
- Her hidden kiss by Evningstar0
- Didn't you ever want to be a pirate? by Evningstar0
- Captain Hook and Jill by Evningstar0 (Wendy as Red Handed Jill)
Once Upon a Time:
Archives & Fannish Links
- Hook/Wendy works at AO3
- Killian/Wendy works at AO3
- Hook/Wendy works at FFN (film)
- Hook/Wendy works at FFN (book)
- Killian/Wendy works at FFN (OUAT)
- Tumblr tags: darling hook, darlinghook, killian x wendy, hook x wendy, wendy x hook
- hookandwendy at Tumblr
- HookandWendy at Deviantart