|Date(s):||Batman Begins (2005), The Dark Knight (2008), The Dark Knight Rises (2012)|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Nolanverse is the term for the version of the Batman universe set in Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises directed by Christopher Nolan, which is not continuous with the comicverse version of events, but draws from some comic books storylines. Compared to the previous incarnations of the Batman canon, the Nolanverse has a much darker tone and a more realistic setting.
After the first movie, Batman Begins, the fandom was relatively small, qualifying for the Yuletide small fandom fest in 2007. However, after the release of the The Dark Knight and fannish reaction to The Joker, the fandom exploded in size. The final movie The Dark Knight Rises introduced more comic characters like Selina Kyle (aka Catwoman), Bane and Talia al Ghul, but also the new character of John Blake.
In fanfic Bane/John Blake became a popular new pairing.
- Music of the Spheres Link by mithen is a series set in the combined universes of Batman Begins and Superman Returns and depicts a developing and later established Clark Kent/Bruce Wayne relationship.
- Workshop: "The Father/Son Dynamic in Batman Begins" by Bradygirl_12 in Superhero Muses
Archives and Communities
- Dark Knight Fic
- The Dark Knight Rises Fanfic
- The Dark Knight Rises Anonymous Kink Meme
- Batman Begins
- Mad Love - Batman Slash Fic Recs and Meta
- westillbelieve (Harvey Dent)
- Knives & Lint (Joker)
- professor_crane (Jonathan Crane)
- batmanjoker (Batman/Joker)
- Harvey/Joker (Harvey/Joker)
- Knight and Joker (Batman/Joker)
- brucelovesharv (Bruce/Harvey)
- brucejohn_rises (Bruce/John)
- taliaxbane (Talia/Bane)
- wayne_crane (Bruce/Jonathan)