|Editor(s):||Farrell & Law|
|Date(s):||2006 - present|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Andersonic is a gen zine of articles, interviews and artwork.
Summary from the publisher, "Andersonic is an A5 fanzine which covers the films and television series of Gerry and Sylvia Anderson. Each issue contains features, interviews and articles which explore and discuss their many series, from the black and white Supercar and Fireball XL5, 60s series Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90 and The Secret Service; the live-action series UFO and Space: 1999 and later stuff such as Terrahawks and right up to date with New Captain Scarlet. In previous issues we have also covered the films Doppelganger and Into Infinity - as well as unscreened projects and a look at other productions which they have influenced. We have also featured interviews with some of the series' luminaries - Leo Eaton, Shaun Whittacker-Cooke, Mike Noble, Dominic Lavery, Jan King and Ray Austin amongst others. The fanzine is run on a strictly non-profit basis."
Andersonic 1 : no information
Andersonic 2 was published in 2006.
- Into Infinity - The rarely seen 70s episode reviewed.
- Ask Victor - Prof Bergman dodges readers' questions.
- Alan Fennell: A Man of Mighty Visions - Legendary scriptwriter and TV21 Editor.
- Space Police: Star Laws - Unscreened episode review.
- The Secret Service - Anderson's final puppet series dissected.
- Solar Flares - Space:1999 series overview.
- New Captain Scarlet - Anderson's newest series reviewed with episode guide.
- Lunar Sea - A different take on Space:1999.
- David Tomblin - UFO and 1999's writer and director.
- Future Imperfect - The 60s' view of the 21st century.
- Koenig's Diary - inside the mind of John Robert Koenig
- Terror In New York City - Is it the best Thunderbirds episode?
Andersonic 3 was published in 2007.
- Straker's Alien Defence Organisation - A look at the character of Ed Straker.
- The Devious Thoughts of Alec Freeman - Inside the head of SHADO's second in command.
- In the Dragon's Domain - Classic episode review
- The Write Stuff - Dennis Spooner's work for the Andersons
- Survival in the Blue Quadrant - Staying alive on Moonbase Alpha
- Captain Black: Doppelgangers, Destiny and the Deep Fix
- Koenig's Diary - The inner thoughts of Alpha's leader
- Lights, Camera... Inaction! - Century 21 goes to the cinema
- Martian Mysteries - Continuity in Captain Scarlet
- Book Review - The Invisible Man by Simon Messingham
- Clone Wars - Terrahawks Revisited
Andersonic 4 was published in 2007.
- Frank, Don, Dan and the Tracys - A look at the Thunderbirds comic strip.
- Alpha Incident Log - Strange happenings on Psychon.
- Timelash - Big deal Straker, the guy the girls admire!
- Rat Boy - Joe 90 Series Overview.
- Guardian of Piri - Turn on, tune in, get spaced out.
- Starcruiser - Stripped for Action - Comic strip, model kit or TV series?
- Growing Up With Gerry Anderson - Back to the future of the 50s and 60s.
- Attack on Cloudbase - Classic series episode review.
- Dreams of the Cold War Kid - How the 60s Cold War shaped Century 21.
- Johnny's Who -Johnny Byrne's travels in the Tardis after he left Alpha.
- Exposed - Paul Foster's debut episode reviewed.
Andersonic 5 was published in 2008.
- The Art of UFO - The UFO comic strip in Countdown.
- The Investigator - A trip to Malta with strings attached.
- Trapped In The Sky - Thunderbirds' finest hour.
- The Man Who Came Back - Derren Nesbitt plays the villain. Again.
- Milady and Her Friends - A look at Anderson's female characters.
- The 2001 Connection - Alpha's debt to Kubrick's epic.
- Artificial Intelligence Test - Gwent vs Brian the Brain - who'll win?
- Medusa/Alpha: Collision 1975! - Star Maidens examined.
- A Question of Priorities - Straker faces a dilemma.
- Captain Scarlet Retrospective - First impressions of Metcalfe and co.
- Dorzak - Episode Review: Yet another madman arrives on Alpha.
- UFO Location Tour - We visit a few familiar places from UFO.
- Stop Press - Freeman Court Martial Shock.
Andersonic 6 was published in 2008. 40 pages with colour covers/ black and white interior.
- The Art of Ron Embleton - the work of TV21's Scarlet and Stingray artist.
- Lord Parker's 'Oliday - A classic episode reviewed.
- Alpha Incident Log - Strange goings on with glowing rocks and Irish Cowboys...
- Faith in Science - The contributions of Barry Morse and Johnny Byrne to Space:1999.
- Identified Retrospective - Seven different writers share their thoughts on UFO's opener.
- SHADO Test Paper - Ed and Alec's Fun Page.
- Interview - Gerry Anderson discusses UFO, New Captain Scarlet... and lemmings.
- Writing the Tracys - exploring Thunderbirds' popularity with writers.
- Winged Assassins - what makes Captain Scarlet the odd one out?
- Mission of the Darians - Mutant! Classic Space:1999 episode reviewed.
- The Fall of Troy - Stingray's Forbidden Shakespearian roots.
- Trap for a Rhino - New Captain Scarlet episode appraised.
Andersonic 7 was published in 2009. 40 pages with colour covers/ black and white interior.
- Fireball XL5 - once the fastest guy alive, is he now ready to draw his pension?
- UFO/Close Up - well, the music's pretty good...
- APF Memories - One fan's recollections of visiting the studios in their 60s heyday and meeting Virgil Tracy in an unexpected place.
- The Spirit of Thunderbirds - what did the 2004 film miss and what a new series should do to put it right.
- Space:1999/ The Infernal Machine - Artificial intelligence seeks new companion for long-term relationship - apply Box 1999.
- Interview - Dominic Lavery discusses designing and directing New Captain Scarlet.
- Character Study - Is there more to Alec Freeman than keeping the Whisky industry afloat single-handedly? We think so.
- Space:1999/ Black Sun - Things look grim - time to crack open Victor's brandy.
- Star Fleet/X-Bomber - the Japanese puppet serial.
- Stingray/ Titan Goes Pop - Celebrity culture and pop music get the thumbs down in one of Stingray's best episodes.
- Review Section - Barry Gray Centenary Concert and Doppelganger DVD.
Andersonic 8 was published in Autumn 2009.
Andersonic 9 was published in February 2010. It is 44 pages and has colour covers.
Andersonic 10 was published in September 2010. It is 44 pages and has colour covers.
Andersonic 11 was published in February 2011. It is 44 pages and has colour covers.
Andersonic 12 was published in August 2011. It is 44 pages and has colour covers.
Andersonic 13 was published in February 2012. It is 44 pages and has colour covers.
Andersonic 14 was published in September 2012. It is 44 pages and has colour covers.