Alyjude (Sentinel zine)
|Medium:||print, CD, pdf|
|External Links:||publisher's flyer here|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Alyjude is a collection of some of Alyjude's previously published online Sentinel fiction.
Alyjude 1 was published in the fall of 2013. It contains 227 pages (77458 words). Story art by Alyjude. Cover art and additional art by Jayem.
- Homeward Bound - Following Kincaid's take over of the stadium, Blair leaves Cascade and ends up finding more than he believed possible. R rating. AU.
- Physical Graffiti - Blair contemplates the physical graffiti that illustrates his life with Jim
- Polar Ice Caps - An AU that has Blair leaving Cascade following TSbyBS in order to protect Jim - but things don't work out as planned. NC17
Alyjude 2 was published in the fall of 2013. It contains 213 pages (76857) words. Story art by Alyjude. Cover art and additional art by Jayem & Eilidh17.
- Viva Las Vegas - A tag to Vow of Silence - sort of - as Jim and Blair finally make it to Las Vegas - but as usual, things don't go as smoothly as they hope.
- The Visitor - While Blair's away, a little magic comes into Jim's life and opens his eyes.
- Blair in a Bottle - Jim and Blair meet under very different circumstances - but gosh, somehow end up right where they belong.
- Plumber's Buddy - Thanks to a burst pipe, Blair gets a chance to see more of Jim than he could hope - which leads to the inevitable.
- Brain Food - Written for the Spook Me Marathon 2012.
- Silent Night - A story about a Christmas Miracle.
- In Solemn Stillness Lay - A companion piece to Silent Night but is not a sequel, prequel, or anything else, rather, it's Blair's version of a miracle
when he needs one, thus stands alone. No warnings required.
- Auld Lang Syne - Jim finds an old friend in Canada - on New Year's Eve.
Alyjude 3 was published in 2014 and contains 200 pages (80098 words). The cover by Alyjude. Interior art by Alyjude and Jayem.
- Ordained - Blair is a jockey (come on, suspend your belief) and Jim a famous actor - can they make a relationship work?
- The Long Run - Jim and Blair are now in California and shooting the movie "The Front Runner" - but all is not well
Alyjude 4 was published in 2015 and contains 272 pages, 116396 words. Cover by JayEm and Story Art by Alyjude.
It contains "The Healer Trilogy."
Summary and Notes from the author: The Healer was originally posted in June 1999 and was followed a few months later by the sequel, The Boogey Man. Quite a bit later, a final story, Fissures, wrapped up the arc - but only appeared in the zine, Healing, which included all three stories. Fissures has never - until now - appeared online. All three have been thoroughly revised...
Warnings: These three stories have violence and both Original Character deaths as well as one secondary character's death from the show. There is also the death of an animal (which if were doing these stories today, I'd have found a way to avoid - but I chose to keep it since my only intent is to correct grammar/punctuation, etc., not to significantly change the story). The primary subject matter is child abuse and can be stressful to read parts of them. The child abuse is in the form of physical and mental (not sexual). This trilogy is most definitely rated R."
Alyjude 5 was published in 2016 and contains 180 pages (67097 words). It is subtitled: "The Bakari Series." The cover by Alyjude. Interior art by Alyjude and Jayem.
- Bakari - Jim Ellison travels to Bwindi as a tourist to see the gorillas there, and meets the 'ghost man', who protects the forest.
- Bakari and Dingani - Blair goes back to the jungle... and Jim follows.
Alyjude 6 was published in 2016 and contains 289 pages, 101098 words.
The stories (okay, ficlets) contained here were written for the Moonridge Online Auction but never posted for everyone before now. Most were written to specific challenges presented to me by the winner/s..
- Finally - Jim is alone for the Christmas holiday.
- Christmas Eve - Jim is lonely. Blair doesn't live with him anymore, but he thinks he should fix that. Post TSbyBS
- In Memory - A woman waits for news and remembers. She is soon joined by two others with memories of their own.
- Slip Sliding Away - After Sierra Verde, Blair is having problems with his vision. Is he sick or is there an otherworldly explanation. Together, he and Jim find out.
- Apology in the Sandburg Zone - A missing scene for TSBS - obligatory scene, natch, but when you're in the Zone...well, nothing is as it seems
- "Bo" -: A costume party - and Blair's costume - leave Jim speechless
- Christmas Junket - Blair, Christmas shopping, and of course, something goes wrong....
- Fear of Intimacy - WARNING! Some could consider this a partner betrayal - and the ending is unresolved. I AM finishing this story and will post the resolution soon. Missing scene from Nightwatch.
- "Friending" - Blair teaches Jim about 'friending' and computers
- Years From Now - Blair asks Jim where he believes they'll be in five years - and gets more than he bargained for
- It's the Little Things - A missing scene (yeah, one of about a gazillion) for Sentoo
- It Happened During the Super Bowl - Really? You need one? With that title? Nah.
- Misplaced - It all started (as these stories often do) with a misplace tube of lube....
- Vacation - Hello? Jim and Blair on vacation?
- Words Not Spoken - Blair's leaving - can Jim stop him with the right words? Does he even know the right words?
- A Four-Letter Word for Easy Insertion - Lube
- Blair and His Holy Grail - The story of TS through icons
- Secrets - Explanation required: This was originally a response to a story of Rimilod's (Dolimir) - I think it was the Birthright Series - that had Jim and Blair discovering they were brothers (via Naomi and William). She dared several of us to find a way to create a slash version without the specter of incest. In fact, she double-dog dared us. Well, what can I say? I immediately wrote "Secrets" but never posted it. When one of the Moonridge winners challenged me with a similar 'summary', I went back to it and thought it could fit - with some changes, rewrites, corrections, etc.. So this is the final product of a "Double Dog Dare You" made many years ago. Sort of.
- A Series of Obsenads - These were posted to Senad back in 2002/2003. Some are as long as 5-6 pages, some only a few lines, but all in either a response to a post, an apology or a challenge....
Alyjude 7 was published in 2017 and contains 268 pages, 92018 words.. Art by Alyjude and JayEm.
- It’s Not Easy to Be Me - Jim knows just about everything about Blair, or does he?
- Five Ways It Could Have Happened - Five ways the guys could have gotten together.
- I Hate Valentine’s Day - As Valentine's Day approaches, Blair contemplates past loves while Jim focuses on the future.
- The Last Time I Saw Sandburg - Six months after Blair drives out of Jim's life, he begins seeing his animal spirit. How does one lost man find another?
- This is a Mistake - Jim realizes he's making a big mistake.
- Past Trials – Blair must go to Boston to aid his mother. (novella)
- The Wedding March - Blair comes back from the Police Academy to the news that Jim and Megan are getting married. (novella length)
Alyjude 8 was published in 2017 and contains 212 pages. Art by Alyjude and JayEm.
- Kiss Off - Can you trust what you see? In answering that question, Jim learns a valuable lesson.
- Closed for Business - Blair has lost it, then decides he wants ice cream
- Cleansed - After the end of Sentinel Too, Jim and Blair are still having problems. Blair decides that a spiritual, and literal, cleansing is needed. Some otherworldly help appears.
- Dressed for Success – Wherein the mysteries of life are answered for Blair as he dresses to impress
- You’re Already Gone - Jim thinks Blair is gone and he wants to get him back before he leaves.
- Lost and Found - Another Sen Too sequel where Jim and Blair clear things up. (Novella)
Alyjude 9 was published in 2017 and contains 228 pages, 72132 words. Art by Alyjude and JayEm.
- Twinkies and Thou – Jim and Blair locked in a room with only each other and a box of Twinkies
- Rafe Missed It – "IT" finally happened, but Rafe missed it so the gang at Major Crimes is going to fill him in....And since they are mostly drunk....well, coherent they ain't!
- Running on Empty – Blair feels Jim would be better off without him.
- Running on Empty 2 – Jim comes to realize something he really knew all along
- Knowing You – Jim and Blair have a dialogue... and a lot of questions get answered.
- Knowing More of You - This is a series that asks and allows questions, and lots of them and ends with the guys in bed together, natch!
- Death of a Beloved - Blair demands a divorce and gets his man.
- If You Ever Leave Me - Someone appears to be targeting the Ellisons...
- In Search of a Peaceful Heart - Holidays and parents. Why isn't it easier? Sometimes you need a little help from the love of your life.
- He Ain’t No Chick – It's Easter, and Major Crime is roped in to help at the Mayor's annual Easter egg hunt