|Synonyms:||Yukkuri shiteitte ne,ゆっくりしていってね!!!|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
A meme/fanon in Touhou Project fandom originating from Ascii art of Hakurei Reimu and Kirisame Marisa, which was reinterpreted into an illustration of the characters as small creatures consisting of only a head, saying the phrase "Yukkuri shiteitte ne!!!" (literally "Do it slowly!!!", but almost always translated as "Take it easy!!!"). Fans have since created headcanons for the physiology and behavior of these creatures, dubbed "Yukkuris". Any character can have a Yukkuri form.
- They consist of a grossly exaggerated head with hair and head accessories.
- Normal ones are about the size and weight of a basketball. However, they can grow to much larger sizes. There are also fat ones which look similar to normal ones, but are slightly bigger and more bloated. If a yukkuri is forced to eat too much food at once, it does not become a fat yukkuri but is instead stretched out and "filled" with so much food that bouncing can force bean paste out of its eyes or mouth.
- There seems to be no upper limit to a yukkuri's size. In theory, a yukkuri can become any size as long as it eats enough. However, it is unlikely to happen naturally, as a significant size increase would likely cripple the yukkuri or make it more noticeable to predators.
- They are filled with bean paste and therefore edible, which makes them a particular target of Yuyuko. Some variants have different fillings. For example, Remilia-types are meat buns.
- They have an outer layer of "skin" that is a bit less than an inch in thickness.
- Their teeth, hair, and accessories are identical to their human counterparts, but somehow turn into bean paste when eaten. It is theorized that they are "grown" with dead cells, much like the dermal layer on human skin.
- Their accessories will stay attached to them unless taken off by force.
- They breathe, eat, see, hear and move (by bouncing off the ground), yet, with the exception of their eyes, they have nothing resembling organs.
- They are extremely fragile. Severely injuring them is very easy. They seem to make up for it by having lots of stamina. A yukkuri can survive extreme amounts of trauma before dying. Examples include: having a large piece of its body bitten off, having most of its bean paste scooped out, getting all of its skin peeled off, getting impaled on a stick, etc.
- They do not have blood; instead, they bleed watery bean paste. Despite having no circulatory system, a yukkuri can get dizzy from being hung upside-down. They are also known to urinate and defecate bean paste.
- They are soluble in water, but only after prolonged exposure. All yukkuris are aware of this and will avoid rain when possible.
- Yukkuris are very elastic. However, stretching a yukkuri beyond a limit will render it unable to return to its normal shape, and stretching it even more will break it.
A subgenre of Yukkuri works involves Yukkuri abuse. This content is polarizing among the Yukkuri community.
I, personally, want more world building in yukkuri comics and stories. The abuse stories have always bored me because they seem so shallow and generally uncreative.
At least some people used to write stories where it was the human who was the asshole, and the yukkuri who was fairly pleasant. Now they just make them all the same way and use it as an excuse to abyuse/kill them in usually pretty convoluted ways.
- Archive Of Unique Yukkuri And/Or Yukkuri-Related Anomalies [Classified], by The Didact, 2016 (Yukkuris as SCPs)
- Yukkuri shiteitte ne! at Touhou Project Wiki
- "Forum - Is it okay if I created an entirely new yukkuri species that flipped the bird with established canon and rules?". One Yukkuri Place. September 19, 2018. Retrieved April 3, 2019.