Thank you for your work on the MsScribe/Charlotte Lennox pages! MeeDee and I were working on it, but she has been waylaid by serious computer issues. :-( Any and all assistance is wonderful. --MPH (talk) 23:27, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- My pleasure! I think it's a great idea to get those pages as documented/backed-up as possible. I keep meaning to work more on them but unfortunately I've been super busy lately... Hopefully soon! --sparc (talk) 19:59, 17 April 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you for working on it! It's a topic I've been eying for a while but I was never really sure how to handle it, since it's all so ridiculously complicated. But you really helped to untangle things :) --sparc (talk) 01:48, 4 June 2014 (UTC)
name switch out
- Just sent you an email --sparc 21:19, 9 September 2014 (UTC)
That's so funny, you were working on Check Please! while I was working on Zimbits, we both cite the toastystats post but I think in similar ways. Please fix zimbits if anything's wrong. --msilverstar (talk) 02:29, 18 April 2016 (UTC)
- Hah, awesome! I was thinking that Zimbits needed a page but didn't have the energy to make one, so thank you!! It looks like a great start :) --sparc 02:56, 18 April 2016 (UTC)
- I believe in you! If you have any questions, feel free to contact me privately or to consult the gardeners' list--the other gardeners are always happy to give help or input :) Good luck and welcome aboard! --sparc 04:08, 6 May 2016 (UTC)
Hello there friend. I was just wondering... how much canon is the right amount?
I noticed recently that you said there was too much on the Barret Wallace page, so it got me curious.
Oh, and also. If possible, would you be able to let me know where I've got it right, if anywhere?
- Hi Kennisiou! Thank you for all your work on those Final Fantasy character pages, they're off to a great start :).
- Determining how much canon information to include can definitely be tricky. The main rule is that the emphasis of a Fanlore page should always be on the fandom, not the canon. (Other wikis and sites already do a great job of documenting canon, so we can include links to those sites instead of recreating the work.) You usually need some canon information for context, but it should be more of an overview than a play-by-play of canon, and it shouldn't overwhelm the page. Fanlore's Help page on character articles has some more info.
- I added the notice to the Barrett Wallace page because right now the canon section is the only content on the page. But it does seem to me that the canon section would be too long even with additional fandom content to help balance it... I would probably keep it to about 50% of what it is now; we usually recommend "a few paragraphs". But it's always subjective, and it depends a lot on what the fandom focuses on. Sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer! I hope that helps a little :) --sparc 03:19, 21 June 2016 (UTC)
Ahh, I see. Yeah, I can understand that it's nebulous territory at best, because obviously bigger fandoms would require more detail than smaller ones, etc.
I did think from the start that I had too much there, however. Thanks for the indication. :)
James Bond/Q Changes
Hello, I'm Chestnut NOLA and updated the James Bond/Q page. I was wondering why all the links to the various films and actors were removed. They are all now empty links. Best, The Nut.
- Hi Chestnut NOLA! Thank you for all the work you did on the James Bond/Q page. My intention was simply to update it to fit Fanlore's house style regarding links to external sites. On wikis in general, it's usually desirable to use internal links instead of external links in cases where links could go to another page on the wiki, because a wiki depends on links to and from other pages on the wiki to function and grow.
- It is true that some pages that have internal links to them have not been created yet, but including these "red" links are still useful because they tell other editors that the pages need to be added. I did leave links to Wikipedia articles in places where the topic may be unlikely to get a Fanlore article, e.g. for certain actors. The actor links I changed are to existing Fanlore pages. I changed the film links to internal links for consistency because Casino Royale already has a page and I think Skyfall, at least, deserves one too. I also changed character links to internal links, because those definitely should get Fanlore pages. A lot of it is personal preference though! Maybe we can talk about specific changes and solicit input from other editors on the article's talk page. (P.S. - You can sign your comments on talk pages with four tildes, like this:
--~~~~) --sparc 02:24, 19 February 2017 (UTC)
Thank you so much for your friendly welcome and for your work setting up a Cabin Fever page! Fanlore seems to be a very friendly community! I'm sure I'll enjoy being a part of it! :)
Just wanna day thanks for fixing my pages Sparc. I wasn’t even sure what category Nuzlocke belonged to lol.
- No problem at all, thank you for all your work on those pages! I was surprised there wasn't already a Nuzlocke page, I'm so glad you started it :) --sparc 02:35, 8 August 2019 (UTC)