|Also Known As:||(this fan requests that their legal name and pseud not be connected on Fanlore)|
|Occupation:||professor, writer, vidder, nerd|
|Official Website(s):|| Twitter |
|Fan Website(s):|| Dreamwidth|
|On Fanlore:||Related pages|
Tisha Turk is a volunteer with the OTW and a fan.
- 2014 chair for Organization for Transformative Works/Fan Video & Multimedia
- a review editor for issues #3-#5 of Transformative Works and Cultures
- author of Fan work: Labor, worth, and participation in fandom's gift economy (2014)
- a moderator at Vividcon
Tisha requests that their legal name and pseud not be connected on Fanlore.
Tisha has always been an activist when it comes to rights concerning vidding: "Since 2009, I have worked with the Organization for Transformative Works and the Electronic Frontier Foundation to petition for DMCA exemptions granting the right to break copy protection on media files to make noncommercial remix videos. In 2010, we won the right to rip DVDs; in 2012, we got that exemption renewed and expanded to include digital downloads. In 2015, we persuaded them to add Blu-Ray." - Tisha Turk
- OTW's Tisha Turk on the past, present and future of fair use, digital storytelling, vidding and remix culture (2014)
- Tisha Turk on vidding and fandom (2016)
- "DMCA exemption: worse than cleaning the tub, Oct. 13th, 2014 dreamwidth post". Archived from the original on 2017-03-17.