The JAOA Series
Year of the Republic 24,982
Year of the Republic 24,983
- Small Steps - Gail Riordan ||| Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon | PG | Angst, Drama | 5K - Qui-Gon takes a walk.
Year of the Republic 24,984
- Adjustments - Gail Riordan ||| Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon | PG | Angst, Drama | 35K - With Qui-Gon's improved health come new challenges.
Year of the Republic 24,985
- Coming Home - Black Rose ||| Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon | PG | Angst, H/C | 24K - After an assignment Obi-Wan returns to a frustrated Qui-Gon.
- Structured Form - Gail Riordan ||| Qui-Gon | PG | Drama | 55K - A moment of illumination is only useful if you do something with it.
Year of the Republic 24,988
- The Clone Wars: Casualty - Black Rose ||| Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Anakin | PG | Angst, H/C | 20K - Qui-Gon receives an unexpected summons.
Year of the Republic 24,999
- Ceremonies - BlackRose ||| Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Anakin, Amidala | NC-17 | Drama | 24K - On a very important night, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan do some reminiscing and celebrating of their own.
Year of the Republic 25,002
- Angels - Laura Troise ||| Amidala | PG | Drama | 7K - Amidala reflects on her children and their future.
- JAOA: Prelude - Black Rose ||| Obi-Wan, Anakin | PG | Angst, Drama | 13K - Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker returns to Coruscant with news for his former Master.
- JAOA: Stage One - Black Rose ||| Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Anakin | PG | Angst, Drama | 42K - Urged to take a Padawan, Anakin makes a startling choice.
- Missing the Present - Black Rose ||| Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon | R | Angst, H/C | 10K - Qui-Gon's health has taken a heavy toll on both himself and Obi-Wan.
- JAOA: Stage Two - Black Rose ||| Anakin, Han | PG | Drama | 15K - Anakin must defend his choice in Padawans... even to his own Padawan.
- Rituals - Black Rose ||| Anakin, Han | PG | Drama | 24K - Padawan rituals of passage - formal and informal - bring Master and Padawan closer.
- JAOA: Stage Three - Black Rose ||| Anakin, Han, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Amidala | PG | Drama | 36K - Padawan Solo runs the gauntlet of his new position.
- Dual Futures - Black Rose ||| Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon | PG | Drama | 11K - A little interlude as Obi-Wan catches Qui-Gon up on the events of his day.
- JAOA: Stage Four - Black Rose ||| Obi-Wan, Anakin, Han | PG | Drama | 19K - Han learns more about being a Padawan.
- JAOA: Stage Five - Black Rose ||| Obi-Wan, Anakin, Han | PG | Drama | 15K - Watching a sparring match.
- Hard Lessons - BlackRose ||| Han, Anakin | PG | Drama, Angst | 16K - A morning encounter ends in disaster.
- Question and Answer - BlackRose ||| Han, Anakin | PG | Drama, Angst | 17K - The conclusion of the lesson.
Year of the Republic 25,005
- Promises in the Dark - Black Rose ||| Han, Anakin | PG | Angst | 8K - Holding on and holding together in hard times.
Year of the Republic 25,006
- Innocence Lost - Black Rose ||| Han | NC-17 | Angst, PWP | 11K - A quiet encounter reveals some private truths.
Year of the Republic 25,008
- Going the Course - Black Rose ||| Han, Anakin | PG | Drama | 10K - Han gets a glimpse of Anakin's early life.
Year of the Republic 24,014
- Unexpected Surprises - BlackRose ||| Anakin, Han | PG | Drama, Humor | 5K - An early morning surprise.
- Apology Accepted - BlackRose ||| Anakin, Han | PG13 | Drama, Angst | 11K - The resolution of a debate.
Year of the Republic 25,019
- Diplomacy - BlackRose ||| Han, Luke | PG | Drama | 5K - An unexpected meeting during a mission.
- It Begins Again - Laura Troise ||| Han, Luke | PG | Drama | 3K - Luke begins his training in the Force.
- AU - Letting Go - BlackRose ||| Han, Anakin | NC-17 | Drama, PWP, AU | 32K - Letting go is sometimes the hardest part of farewell.
- AU - Rise and Shine - BlackRose ||| Han, Anakin | R | Humor, PWP, AU | 3K - Different ways to approach the morning...
- AU - Strays - Kate Evans ||| Han, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin | PG | Humor, AU | 15K - Our boys get adopted by another pathetic life-form.
- Face to Face - Gail Riordan ||| Qui-Gon | PG | Poetry, Angst | 1K
- Subtle Joys - Gail Riordan ||| Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan | PG | Poetry | 1K
- Wounds Unseen - Gail Riordan ||| Qui-Gon | PG | Poetry, Angst | 1K
Recs and Reviews
These Star Wars A/U stories, set long after TPM, give us a version of the future that resonates with angst and impending sorrow. Wonderfully written and full of emotion...I was hooked the moment I started reading. My favorite thus far: "Missing the Present" - it had an incredible impact on me. The series is still in progress, with more "stages" still to come.
Sets after TPM, this beautifully written series changes the original outcome and waves a different future. Angsty, tender, and bittersweet.
- "Memory in those words, the birth of all memories, and before the weight of them Qui-Gon's defenses crumbled with a ragged cry. Obi-Wan furiously willed the strength of his own body into the one he held, feeling the crushing weight against his chest as rope after rope of Force bound them together until his heart beat for them both, his lungs drawing air for two bodies in desperation. Pain knifed through him, forcing a cry from his throat, but nothing mattered beyond the pounding throb of his heart and the next breath drawn into burning lungs that would sustain the body cradled in his arms. Pulse and breath in, pulse and breath out, and endless repetition that became the central heart and outer limit of his entire world until even the conscious knowledge of that faded away."
Wonderful A/U series, with beautiful writing, oftentimes angst filled, tender and bittersweet. Special favorite includes the poignant "Coming Home". Check them all out!
- Destina. Worlds Without Boundaries: Star Wars Fiction Recommendations, updated June 13, 2002. (Accessed 11 April 2015)
- chiaroscuro v6 - T.O.T.O. (The Obi-Wan Torture Oasis), 15 March 2002. (Accessed 12 January 2011)
- The Phantom Menace Lair of Kass and Kate: The Recommendations Page Updated March 25, 2000. (Accessed 29 December 2015)