Subspace Chatter (Star Trek: TOS zine published in Delaware)
See also Subspace Chatter (disambiguation).
|Publisher:||Delaware Valley SF/ST Association|
|Editor(s):||Maureen Leise & Lucy Carroll|
|Fandom:||multimedia though mainly Star Trek: TOS|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Subspace Chatter is a gen multifandom, though mainly, Star Trek: TOS, anthology published by Maureen Leise and Lucy Carroll.
Subspace Chatter 1 was published in June 1982 and contains 99 pages. Cover: Lucy E. Carroll. Art & illustrations: Lucy E. Carroll, Maureen Leise, Heidi Rabinowitz. It contains mostly Star Trek but has a small amount of other fandom content.
- The Portal by Lucy E. Carroll, p. 6 (Journey with Scotty to San Francisco in the year 1906 as he's lost in time.)
- Stellar Evolution (poem) by Ruth Williams, p. 15
- Personal Log entry by Randy Voldish, p. 16
- A Wee Bout by Maureen Leise, p. 18 (Join Scotty and Kevin Riley for a most unusual reunion.)
- A Taste of Freedom by Maureen Leise, p. 24
- Kleeg's Sabbatical by Lucy E. Carroll, p. 42 (reprinted in The Collected Trek)
- The Adventures (puzzle) by Lucy E. Carroll, p. 48
- The Vogon by Heidi Rabinowitz & Sashi German, p. 50
- A Superior Woman by Maureen Leise, p. 53
- Who Said That? (quiz) by Lucy E. Carroll, p. 54
- Alone (poem) by Ruth Williams, p. 55
- The Davies Incident by Mary Davis, p. 56
- The Doctor in King Arthur's Court by Maureen Leise, p. 63
- Key to Time (puzzle) by Maureen Leise, p. 77
- Invasion by Maureen Leise, p. 79
- Caught by Lucy E. Carroll, p. 83
- In His Image by Lucy E. Carroll, p. 84
- Trekchatter (column), p. 90
- A Toast (song) by Lucy E. Carroll, p. 92
- Cartoons by Heidi Rabinowitx, p. 64, 76, 82
- Cartoons by Lucy E. Carroll, p. 95
Subspace Chatter 2 contains 96 pages.
- The Gift by Lucy Carroll (reprinted in The Collected Trek) ("I have often thought T'Pring to be a bloomn' fool for choosing Stonn over Spock. I have tried to give her reason, some credibility, and to re-examine her possible motives.")
- other unknown content
Subspace Chatter 4 It was published in 1989 and contains 189 pages. On the cover: "Generation to Generation," art by Jean Kluge. A variation of this art was used on the Henry Jenkins book, Textual Poachers.