|Type:||fan writer and zine publisher|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Sondra Sweigman is an American fan writer and zine publisher in the Blake's 7 fandom. She is known for a strong interest Roj Blake and for writing and supporting smarm stories featuring him and Avon, as opposed to slash.
The zine Tarriel Cell published a profile of Sondra, which is available in online. It includes:
"Real life" occupation: involuntarily retired psychologist
Favorite fandoms (other than B7): None- I'm monogamous
Favorite con story: Never been to a con.
What would you be if you inserted yourself into Blake's 7: Equal parts of ecstatic and terrified.Favorite and least favourite episodes. Favorite: Star One, Rumours of Death, Terminal, Blake (can't seem to break the tie) least favorite: Animals (no contest there)
Fanfiction and Fanzines
Sondra published the following fiction zines:
- Beloved Adversary (1994) and its sequel A Delicate Balance (1995). Both stories are Post Gauda Prime, depicting a strong platonic relationship between Blake and Avon.
- The Way Forward: Crusades of Blake (2001, a gen Blake-centric anthology)
Sondra's fiction and poetry has been published in:
She also continues to publish the Blake-centric letter zine The Way Forward (1996-present).
As well as The Way Forward (TWF), Sondra also contributed to other apas, including Horizon Letterzine, Altazine and Blake-centric apa Rallying Call. She left Rallying Call in 1995 after it began to include adult material, and founded TWF.
Her meta includes:
- Why Blake stayed in Albion (Altazine)
- Why Blake is so Frequently Depicted as a Moron in Fan Fiction (Altazine)
- Tarriel Cell V.6 N.2, December 1992