|Type:||Fan writer, vidder|
|Fandoms:||Battlestar Galactica, C6D, due South, Durham County, Flashpoint, Hard Core Logo, Last Night, Slings and Arrows, Suspicious River, Twitch City, X-Men|
|Other:||sionnain on LJ |
sionnain on DW
|URL:||Cup of Stars|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Sionn has been a writer in the due South fandom since 2008 and has written widely in the C6D fandoms, including Hard Core Logo, Battlestar Galactica, Durham County, Last Night, Twitch City, Suspicious River, Slings and Arrows, and Flashpoint. Sionn has also made vids and fanmixes, and recorded podfics.
exbex says about Sionnain's due South writing:
- "One of her greatest strengths is in her ability to consistently and accurately capture the voice of the characters she’s writing, both in her use of dialogue and her story exposition. Sionnain’s stories are often sensual and sexual, with optimistic and happy endings, but she doesn’t shy away from writing angst." 
- No Sudden Moves and No Regrets (Kowalski /Vecchio, PG-13, about 3500 words) Sionnain balances humor, snark and romance perfectly.
- Grocery Lists (Fraser/ Kowalski /Vecchio, PG-13, an image-heavy media-fic) Laugh out loud funny, this story also demonstrates Sionnain’s talent for voice, as the story is told entirely (and the characters portrayed completely accurately and cleverly) through a series of scrawled notes.
- were no crime (Fraser/Vecchio, R, about 3000 words) - the romance develops so naturally from the friendship between Ray and Fraser, and the characters are so well-drawn, with Ray’s exasperation and Fraser’s uprightness. Also, nice use of setting; Chicago emerges almost as another character.
- Unfettered (BSG, Leoben, Kara, PG, about 2000 words) That missing scene between Kara and Leoben in the series finale? Sionnain wrote it beautifully, capturing two of the show’s most tricky characters and providing some much-needed closure.
- And Watch the Clock Ticking Slow (Last Night/Durham County, Patrick Wheeler and Sadie Sweeney, PG-13, about 3600 words) A brilliant blend of two very different fandoms, and a character study that’s wonderfully bittersweet.
- exbex, due South Author Profile: Sionnain posted on 2 February 2010 (Accessed 9 February 2010)