|Date:||March 14, 2010|
|Music:||"Consequence of Sound" by Regina Spektor|
|Footage:||Firefly and Serenity|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Sequence is a Firefly/Serenity vid that attempts to restore focus to the character of River by drawing on surrealistic imagery from both Firefly and the Serenity movie. According to one reviewer: "It is a vid that manages something amazing: It takes back Serenity as River's story."
Another reviewer talks about how the vid blurs the lines between both the viewer's and River's perception of reality: "The down-to-earth lyrics, and some of the literal metaphors lim lines up between clip and lyric really bring forth the question of River's sanity and our perspective on it. Are we to believe these grotesque images are real, as they are within the Serenity world? Or is River here in our world, sans spaceships and cannibalistic monsters, someone whose mental illness and delusion has been exacerbated or triggered by verbal abuses and whose hallucinations we are experiencing with her? Or do we follow the Operative in this vid, and find that River's is the lucid perspective, in our world of corporate profit and media indoctrinations?"
- "And we keep on paying those freaks on the TV,
- Who claim they will save us but want to enslave us.
- And sweating like demons they scream through our speakers
- But we leave the sound on 'cause silence is harder.
- And no ones the killer and no ones the martyr
- The world that has made us can no longer contain us
- And profits are silent then rotting away 'cause...."
- ~lyrics from "Consequence of Sound"
- zeborah: "Again I knew a bit about [the character of] River Tam before watching, but nothing about the plot, and this vid worked just as well for me before I'd seen the series as after. And again, oh, the tension. It's coloured differently than that in newkidfan's vid Language but the shape is very much the same."
- Katta writes: "Sequence: Gorgeously rhythmical, atmospheric character vid for River."
- noelia-g has this to say about the vid: "This is my favourite Regina song, and I previously thought it was unvidable. Apparently, it is, and woah, how. It fits River perfectly, and the vid is saturated and creepy and depressing and so fantastic." 
- gelasius: "If you know Regina Spektor's music at all, you'll probably agree that her voice and musical style and wordsmithing could not be more perfect for a River-centric vid, and this is even more stunning than I could have imagined. Power and perception in cold blue delicate packaging, words tripping over themselves and skipping to land on meaning too fast to follow their path but lighting up when they arrive; such that I'm apparently incapable of describing it in any linear or coherent fashion so I think I will go watch this vid more times instead, and I suggest you do too."
- stultiloquentia: "It's lim, which means every frame holds a paragraph's worth of essay, a joke or a visual pun. Her vids deserve the same kind of close reading as John Donne's poetry, they are that packed with information, yet they're lucid and flowing. Raise your hand if you discovered (or at least started paying attention to) Regina Spektor because of lim."
- Vid recs by everysecondtuesday, dated March 10, 2011.
- Vid rec: "Sequence" by were-duck, dated March 15, 2010;WebCite.
- In which she watched Firefly a couple of months ago, dated November 5, 2010.
- Katta's Fan Vid Recs, accessed November 13, 2011.
- Vid recs list, part three by noelia-g, dated March 16, 2010.
- vid rec: Sequence by lim by gelasius, dated March 16, 2010.
- Rec Dump by stultiloquentia, dated March 28, 2010.