Sentinel Nostalgia Collection
|Title:||Sentinel Nostalgia Collection|
|Publisher:||Sentinel Big Bang|
|Date(s):||March 26, 2016|
|Size:||5.83 wide x 8.26 tall|
|Genre:||slash and gen|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Sentinel Nostalgia Collection is a 652-page Sentinel zine anthology.
It is a print version of eight Sentinel Big Bang stories that were previously posted online.
"The Sentinel Nostalgia Collection was created by the members of the Sentinel Big Bang community to celebrate the 20th annniversary [sic] of TS."
The book contains selections from all eight of the Nostalgia Big Bang projects. It’s print-on-demand, which means that the cost is based on how many pages are in the book, and it’s priced differently depending on where you are and what currency you’re using. It’s over 600 pages (!) which means it’s a tad pricey, but I’ve kept the cost as low as I possibly could without making the print so small you need sentinel vision to read it!
Please note you can’t find the book by searching the Lulu website, only via the link above.
I’m sorry to be later than I promised with this: The reason it’s taken so long is I had to wait for my review copy to arrive so I could make sure the artworks looked right. You can judge how words will look from the online preview, but the only way to be sure about the art was to see the real thing. I guess the holiday weekend slowed the order down a bit, too. But I’ve got it, it looks fab, and we’re good to go!A couple of other things: Lulu do bulk discounts (how many you have to order to qualify varies), so if you live near other fans who want copies you might be able to save a wee bit by co-ordinating an order between yourselves. The book will be available only until the end of this year, so don’t wait too long. And lastly, if there’s a Moonridge Auction this summer (we’re still waiting on confirmation), I will donate a couple of copies on behalf of the Big Bang community. 
- Outside Looking In by PattRose, illustrated by Lyn. Genre: Slash. Rating: Teen. Warnings: Dirty Poetry, bad poetry and bad language, m/m artwork. Summary: What do people really think about Jim and Blair? How do they feel about them being a couple?
- A Sense of Belonging – The Complete Collection by Katef, illustrated by PattRose. Genre: Slash. Rating: Adult. Warnings: Violence, rape, non-con (mostly off-screen and implied rather than graphic). Summary: Set in a world where Sentinels and Guides are known and revered, a very different Jim and Blair meet. Blair is a traumatised and abused kidnap victim, and Jim is a highly respected but unbonded Sentinel Detective working undercover. These stories track their progress as they fight to fulfil their destiny as Cascade’s Alpha pair.
- As It Was Meant to Be / Taking the Trip by Bluewolf, illustrated by Bonanza. Genre: Gen, AU. Rating: Teen. Warnings: None. Summary: William Ellison has always been ruthless in controlling every aspect of his life and his sons’ lives… until the day he takes on Blair Sandburg, and discovers he’s bitten off more than he can chew.
- Taking Things Further by Alobear, illustrated by unbelievable2. Genre: Slash, Crossover with Stargate: SG1. Rating: Teen. Warnings: None. Summary: After joining the SGC, Jim and Blair are about to embark on their very first mission through the Stargate. Things do not go according to plan.
- Rakshasa by Fran, illustrated by Alobear. Genre: Gen, Horror. Rating: Teen. Warnings: Violence. Summary: A legendary evil has surfaced in Cascade and is murdering Cascade’s citizens. As the death toll rises, Jim and Blair are called upon as sentinel and shaman to hunt it down and stop it.
- Eye on Cascade by Morgan Briarwood, illustrated by mella68. Genre: Slash (Blair/OMC). Crossover with Criminal Minds, Darkfic. Rating: Adult. Warnings: Rape, violence, torture. Summary: Blair’s girlfriend is murdered in her apartment. Jim Ellison is the detective assigned to the case, but he is not the only one investigating. When Blair convinces Simon that there might be a serial killer in Cascade, Simon calls the FBI’s Behavioural Analysis Unit for help. But when the team arrives in Cascade, more and more evidence seems to point to Jim as the killer.
- Deadline – Cascade by unbelievable2, illustrated by Kernel. Genre: Slash, established relationship. Rating: Teen. Warnings: None. Summary: Once upon a time, Jim and Blair had to run, to save themselves. Now they have to stop running, to save someone else.
- Blessed Protector More Blessed by Swellison, illustrated by AnnieB. Genre: Gen, angst and owies, senses. Rating: Teen. Warnings: minor OFC. Summary: Blair’s 28th birthday is Friday, June 13th. What could possibly go wrong?