|Type:||podfic, fic, remix|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
According to the dreamwidth page Remixapod is "a multifandom remix challenge where creators make multiformat fanworks that are remixes of, or inspired by, audio fanworks podfic. The challenge is a twist on reverse big bangs and remix challenges."
Participants sign up as a podficcer or a remixer. Podficcers submit a number of their already existing works, which are matched to creators based on fandom preferences. Remixers create a remix inspired by the podfic.
As this is a podfic-specific remix challenge, the base works are all audio fanworks. The remixes, however, can take a variety of forms. The first remixapod challenge focused on text-based remixes of audio fanworks. Starting with its second year the challenge has been a multiformat challenge where creators are encouraged to play with the concept of remixing works into whatever media or format appeals to them.
There is a WIDE range of possibilities for fanworks and remixes created as part of this challenge. The "Multiformat Remix Roundups" has links to examples to give a sense of the broad scope of fanworks and remixes created for past iterations of this challenge!
- Podficcer signups generally take place in early March, with remixer signups beginning 2-3 weeks later
- Matching generally happens mid-April
- Deadline for creations is usually in early June and there are various check-ins along the way where participants can report on progress, including any challenges and/or areas of support desired
Multiformat Remix Roundups
- Crafts and other physical art remixes
- Fanart and other digital media remixes
- Fanfic, not!fic and other text remixes
- Filk and other audio art remixes
- Podfic and other audio storytelling remixes