|Trope · Genre|
|Tropes · Slash Tropes · Tropes by Fandom|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Quidditch is a fictional sport in the Harry Potter book and movie series. It's played with two teams of seven players, consisting of a Keeper, a Seeker, two Beaters, and three Chasers. The players are on broomsticks and attempt to get the Quaffle through the opposing team's goal hoop.
Analysis & Meta
Quidditch in Fanworks
- Love on the Quidditch Pitch by TessFawcett (Jan 2002 - Dec 2007; abandoned WIP) - Tells the story of the seven-day 1953 Quidditch match between the Holyhead Harpies and Heidelberg Harriers, mentioned in Quidditch Through the Ages as being "one of the finest Quidditch games ever seen."
- Main article: Muggle Quidditch
Muggle Quidditch (often just called "Quidditch", but "Muggle" is usually added in front whenever there might be confusion about whether one means the fictional or real sport) is an adaption of the game created by fans to be played in real life where athletes play on the ground with brooms held between their legs. Muggle Quidditch is played internationally and governed by the International Quidditch Association (IQA). Both the sport and the IQA were founded at Middlebury College, in Vermont in the mid-2000s.
- Quidditch at Wikipedia
- Quidditch at the Harry Potter Wiki
- Quidditch at The Harry Potter Lexicon
- Quidditch tag at Archive of Our Own