|Name:||Quentin Jerome Tarantino|
|Also Known As:|
|Occupation:||Director, screenwriter, actor, producer|
|Works:||As Director: Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Grindhouse, The Hateful Eight, Jackie Brown, Django Unchained, Inglourious Basterds, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood|
Otherwise: From Dusk Till Dawn (actor, screenwriter)
|Official Website(s):||Wikipedia:Quentin Tarantino, IMDB|
|Fan Website(s):||The Quentin Tarantino Archives, Quentin Tarantino Fan Club|
|On Fanlore:||Related pages|
Fannish Subject Matter
He is a pop culture fanatic, and his films celebrate genres by incorporating every reference he can find.
- Jackie Brown (1997): Blaxploitation
- Kill Bill (2003 - 2004): Martial Arts movies
- Death Proof (2007, Tarantino's half of Grindhouse): Car chase movies
Tarantino and Race
Jackie Brown was Tarantino's ode to Blaxploitation films. Jackie Burke, the heroine of the original novel, is white. Tarantino changed her name and race specifically for the actress Pam Grier, the queen of 1970s Blaxploitation.
Tarantino has been questioned for his use of the n-word in his films.
Tarantino is somewhat notorious for his presumed foot fetishism, which is based on the camera's recurring focus on women's feet in his films.
"Tarantino is one of my three favorite directors of all time, along with Kubrick and Wes Anderson, because none of them could fathom making a bad movie. I'll just put it this way, if people weren't offended by everything, I think Inglourious Basterds would have a lot more praise, and I think that over time IB will be known as possibly a better movie than Pulp Fiction."
"I think he is an amazing director with his own style, great dialogue driven plot which is always at least somewhat entertaining, but to me he often sacrifices substance for style and fails to really say anything meaningful. And yes people can point to the layers of his violence representing different topics and his whole movie universe, and I am incredibly entertained by his movies, but I feel a bit empty watching parts of his films."
"Quentin is the absolute best at what he does, because no one can do what he does.
He created his own sub genre of movies that distinctly belongs to him. While there had been many imitators, some even fairly close in merit, only Quentin can do Quentin.He delivers popcorn entertainment in spades and is one of the best directors alive to so. Even his worst movies are a bar above the rest."
"Talented but pretentious. I like most of his movies, but dislike his personality and politics."
"He peaked with Pulp Fiction and beside Jackie Brown has made fan boy garbage ever since. He has his conventions and he sticks to them."
After the reveal of his involvement with Uma Thurman's car accident on the set of Kill Bill and his interview about Polanski, many fans of Quentin Tarantino have said they will sit out his next movie, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood which featured Polanski as a main character and, although he's set to direct the new Star Trek film, some ST fans are hoping Paramount will remove him from the project.
- Quentin Tarantino on AO3. There are stories based on his works and also RPF fics based on him. He is shipped with Uma Thurman in one story.
- Quentin Tarantino Fanfiction tag at Tumblr
- #quentintarantino at DeviantArt
- Quentin Tarantino Fan Club at Twitter
- tarantinoverse at LiveJournal
- List of awards and nominations received by Quentin Tarantino
- See also: Wikipedia:Quentin Tarantino filmography
- See: Wikipedia:Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (novel)
- See: Hollywood Walk of Fame, Archived version
- ethan3lp at What's the general opinion on Quentin Tarantino?
- intreption at What's the general opinion on Quentin Tarantino?
- PaperJamDipper7 at What's the general opinion on Quentin Tarantino?
- CalRipkenForCommish at What's the general opinion on Quentin Tarantino?
- theimpspeaks at What's the general opinion on Quentin Tarantino?
- See: Why Some Quentin Tarantino Fans Will Be Boycotting His New Movie, Archived version, March 28, 2018
- See: It's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality, Archived version by likeamigraine_ita (likeamigraine) (2013, Italian language fic)