Quadrant (Star Trek: TOS zine)
|Editor(s):||Pam Barilla, Peggy Tacoma and Madeline Dale|
|Fandom:||Star Trek: TOS|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Quadrant is a gen Star Trek: TOS parody anthology edited by Pam Barilla, Peggy Tacoma and Madeline Dale.
Quadrant 1 was published in February 1971 (the title page says January 1971 and the front cover says February 1971). It contains about 40 single-sided pages.
From Boldly Writing: "This publication showed signs of being the first fanzine issued by these editors. It included common errors such as printing (by mimeograph, in this case) on only one side of the page and not numbering the pages. The cover, which pictured Scott, Spock, Kirk, and McCoy, curiously showed nine hands among the four men. I never knew whether that was a deliberate joke on the part of the cover artist."
- For the Head Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Eyes by Madeline Dale
- Captain, poem by M. Dale
- How Big Do You Want to Be?, The Cream of Quadrotriticale Cereal People Ask, an ad parody for Proteena Sehlat Chow "So complete, all you add is logic"
- An Experiment in Placement, story by Charlene Ott and Peggy Barilla
- Oh, The Disadvantages (cartoon portfolio with the subject of smoking cigarettes)
- Christine's Thoughts, poem by M. Dale
- To Which Gem the Empath Replied... (a quiz)
- A Song to End the Good Times for a While (Part 1) by Madeline Dale with Pam Tacoma (a story in which McCoy is erroneously charged with murder). This story was based on another by Peggy Barilla and Charlene Ott ("All Honorable Men"?), and was the first of two parts.
Quadrant 2 was has "copyright September 1971" on the title page, it was actually published in 1973. It contains 68 pages. The front cover is by Allan Asherman, other art by Pam Tacoma.
From Boldly Writing: "Although I waited at least two years before I received part 2 in Quadrant 2, the second issue has "copyright 1971" on its title page. This time the editors printed on both sides of the page, though they printed most artwork on one side of the page only—still an uncommon practice among experienced fanzine publishers."
- Booby Trap by Madeline Dale (6)
- PAV, poem by Peggy Barilla (10)
- WeirdCon (11) (cartoons that show the crew of the Enterprise at a convention)
- Tribble Trouble, poem by Josepha Sherman (14)
- Now You See It by Pam Barilla (16)
- Honor Survives, poem by Kathy Surgenor (24)
- Star Light and Seven Crewmen by Pam Barilla (25)
- Spock, poem by Peggy Barilla (28)
- A Song to End the Good Times for a While (Part 2) by Madeline Dale (29)