|Date(s):||September 21, 1996 – July 1, 2000|
|Country of Origin:||USA|
|External Links:||at IMDb|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Profiler is an American crime drama show that aired on NBC from 1996 to 2000, takes place in the same universe as "The Pretender."
It follows an FBI profiler who is part of a team of investigators - known as the Violent Crimes Task Force - in Atlanta, GA., Dr. Samantha Waters, and later, Rachel Burke.
Dr. Sam Waters, a detective with the Violent Crimes Task Force, a federal agency which often works with the FBI, ATF, and other crime-solving agencies. The VCTF investigates and solves such crimes, and continually chases the elusive man known anonymously as Jack, who has haunted Dr. Waters for years.
Throughout the series the producers used stylized visual sequences to illustrate Sam's intuitive leaps. Because the show debuted at the same time as the similarly themed "Millennium (TV)" which stared a profiler with actual psychic abilities illustrated with similar stylized segments, many assumed that Sam was supposed to be psychic. In reality the flashes were never supposed to be psychic. Instead they were supposed to illustrate Sam's thought process as she made intuitive leaps.
- Ally Walker as Dr. Samantha "Sam" Waters (Profiler #1) (Seasons 1-3)
- Jamie Luner as Dr. Rachel Burke (Profiler #2) (Season 4)
- Dennis Christopher as Jack of All Trades / Albert Newquay
- Robert Davi as Agent Bailey Malone (Seasons 1-4)
- Julian McMahon as Det. John Grant (Seasons 1-4)
- Roma Maffia as Dr. Grace Alvarez (Seasons 1-4)
- Peter Frechette as George Fraley (Seasons 1-4)
- Erica Gimpel as Angel Brown (Seasons 1-3)
- Caitlin Wachs (season 1-2) & Evan Rachel Wood as Chloe Waters
- Michael Whaley as Det. Nathan Brubaker (Season 1)
- Heather McComb as Frances Malone (Seasons 1-2)
- Shiek Mahmud-Bey as Det. Marcus Payton (Season 2)
- Traci Lords as Sharon Lesher (Season 2)
- A Martinez as Nick Cooper (Seasons 1-2)
- Mark Rolston as Donald Lucas (Season 3)
- John Mese as Paul Sterling (Season 3)
- Lawrence Pressman as Walter Anderson (Season 3)
- Gregory Itzin as Joel Marks (Season 4)
In June 1999, NBC announced that they would be replacing Ally Walker in season 4. "Walker will be phased out by the fourth episode of the 1999-2000 season, the show's fourth. She'll be replaced by an actress yet to be cast, playing a new character. Reports have said that she's leaving for a film career, but network executives say Walker is walking at NBC's urging. The actress has a strained relationship with the management team that's taken over at NBC since the show's start in 1996. Execs say her character isn't convincing as a brilliant forensic psychologist who hunts serial killers.".
Fans did not take the change well, and there were attempts to persuade NBC to keep Ally Walker on, but ultimately Jamie Luner was cast as Dr. Rachel Burke. Her character was not as well liked as Sam Waters.
Archives, Community & Website
- Skewed Believers Sanctuary, for darker ships
- insight-awards, Profiler awards community (defunct)
- Profiler Fans
- VCTF, a RPG community
- Awards community with a Profiler category
- High Risk Romance (defunct)
- Profiler Fiction Web Ring
- Profiler, a Sam/Nick personal fansite
- Aimee's Profiler Fanfic, an Angel/Sam fic side
- Mister F.B.I., Bailey Malone fanlisting
- Prophiles, Profiler fanlisting
- Partners in Crime], Samantha Waters/Bailey Malone fanlisting
- The Past Came Back by Violet Angel2, John/Sam
- Death Of Innocence by M. Elizabeth Ravensblood, Skewed romantic pairing of Jack and Samantha
- Profiler works on AO3
- Profiler works on FFN
- Profiler page on Wikipedia
- Profiler page on IMDb
- Profiler fandom wiki
- Profiler on TVTropes