|Length:||45,000 words (as of February 2012), WIP|
|External Links:||the series (AO3)|
podfic of the series so far (Audiofic Archive)
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Stories in the series to date consist of around 45,000 words.
- Phthonus in Lethe. There's only so much jealousy a guy can take, and Sam's reached his limit ...
- On Phthonus' Altar. Sam makes good on his promises ... and then some.
- Phthonus Waking. It's the morning after, and Dean finally has time to panic ...
- Phthonus At The Gates Of Tartarus. That conversation Sam wanted to have just isn't going according to plan ...
- "There are all kinds of fics. Fics to make you feel good, fics to make you feel sad, fics to sweep you away into imaginary worlds. The Phthonus series is none of those. It is fic to get you off. TMI that you’ll have to deal with - this is the only fic I’ve actually masturbated to. It’s really just that good, and if you’ve read much leonidaslion you know why. Phthonus, by the way, is the personification of jealousy in Greek mythology. The first two parts of the series are pure and utter porn, with Sam getting more than a bit possessed by the spirit of Pthonus [metaphorically. I love that I have to make that distinction in this fandom], with the second two parts getting more into the characters’ heads and the case. Includes: supertoppy Sam, eyeliner, some not exactly d/s...but powerplay? that’s closer, rough sex, some waving at dubcon, and a whole bunch of orgasms. [For them and you!]"
- "leonidaslion is one of the many amazing writers who grace this fandom. And I believe her Phthonus verse contains the longest, sustained, scorching sex scene in all of creation! But do continue to the morning after and beyond if you can because her characterizations of Sam and Dean are hot, funny and insightful and this is a creepy case file as well."
- "A Goth nightclub, the guys in leather and eyeliner, aggressive Sam growling and possessive, and public acts of indecency... and it still manages to incorporate their affection for each other. Tremendously, scorchingly hot. Then there's sex in front of a mirror, top!Sam, submissive!Dean. Well-written, intense, character-driven porn, where the love always comes through. Sam is comforting but relentless. Dean is convinced that it's all a bad, bad idea, and that he doesn't deserve what Sam's offering."