|Alternative name(s):||Skoulson, |
Phil Coulson/Daisy Johnson,
|Fandom:|| Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. |
(Marvel Cinematic Universe)
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Phil Coulson recruited Skye, who would later become known as Daisy Johnson, to join his team of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents in the pilot episode and she is trained to become a field agent. They develop a close working and personal relationship, and are concerned for each other's safety and well being.
In season 2 episode 5, Lance Hunter compares Skye and Coulson's relationship to his former relationship with his ex-wife Bobbi Morse. In later seasons, Skye says that Coulson is the closest thing she has to family, and Coulson comments that she is the closest thing he has to a daughter.
The pairing of Coulson and Skye is somewhat popular with the Agents of Shield fandom. 
Fans of this pairing point to their positive relationship and closeness. Coulson's close relationship to Skye compromises him and in season 2, he is not allowed to negotiate with the Inhumans due to this conflict. They confide in each other, trust each other's judgement and work well together.
Those who dislike this pairing feel that their relationship is too close, as Skye sometimes jokingly refers to Coulson as Dad when undercover and some fans believe she views him as an adopted parent, rather than a love interest. Others do not like this ship due to the age difference between the two.
Common Storylines & Tropes
- Mission fics often use the trope of Coulson and Skye going undercover as a married couple.
- Phil Coulson/Lola/Skye fics, or fics where Coulson's car Lola plays a role in bringing the two together or is an integral part of their relationship.
- Daisy using her Inhuman powers during sex is a trope which appears to be unique to the Skoulson pairing.
- Future fics are common including fics where Daisy is the Director of Shield.
- Hurt/Comfort works often focus heavily on comfort, with these characters caring for one another after suffering injuries while on a mission. There are also fics which involve these two helping one another deal with physical and emotional trauma from canon storylines.
- 5 Times Someone On the Team Refers to Coulson/Skye as Father/Daughter (and then immediately feels stupid) by RowboatCop, For Skoulsonfest2k14 Day 3: Skye's Father. It ended up being less about Skye's father and more about how Coulson isn't a surrogate for Skye's father, though each team member has a moment where they aren't sure how to better classify their relationship...