Overtures (multimedia zine)
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Overtures is a 152-page slash multimedia anthology fanzine.
Summaries below are from the publisher.
- Impsec's Eyes by Joy Andover - (Vorkosigan universe) 26 pages (Simon Illyan has a chip in his brain that gives him an infallible memory. This can be a blessing or a curse. He's not sure which it is this time, when he discovers that his boss--Prime Minister Count Aral Vorkosigan--is putting himself in a compromising position with a young aide.)
- Glittering Prize by Cassie Ingaben - (Professionals)/(Eroica) Bodie/Dorian 3 pages (Bodie's out for a night on the town, and he doesn't want a woman this time. What he finds is a gorgeous blond man--in a dress. But what kind of substitute is it for what he really wants?)
- Close Your Eyes by PFL - (I Spy) Kelly/Scotty 51 pages (Every agent has his flaw. All it takes is to find the flaw and apply pressure, and the agent will shatter. Someone almost did that to Kelly, but Kelly surprised everyone but Scotty by being able to face his fears and come through it. But Scotty's not sure he can deal with the change in their relationship that results.)
- Sweetbounce by Cassie Ingaben - (Professionals)/(The Prisoner) 2 pages (A strange little vignette that borrows from both Dylan Thomas and The Professionals.)
- Hang About by Irene - (Professionals) Bodie/Doyle 30 pages (When Bodie returns to duty after an injury on the job, he learns he doesn't know Doyle as well as he thought he did. Once they emerge from Macklin's refresher, Bodie learns he doesn't know himself as well as he thought he did, either. But how well does Cowley know them, that's the question.)
- Things Hidden by Castalia - (Starsky and Hutch)/(Velvet Goldmine) Hutch/Slade (The beautiful young man in the holding cell is looking for an audience. Ken Hutchinson is willing to provide one. But the beautiful young man, Brian Slade of Velvet Goldmine, knows some truths that Hutch would rather not hear.)
- Follow the Truth by PFL - (I Spy) Kelly/Scotty 21 pages ("Let me help you," Scotty whispered one night. And sex was always on offer from Scotty, but the need only seemed to be Kelly's. A story set around the events of the episode "The Lotus Eaters.")