|Date(s):||13 September 2007|
|Length:||40,639 words / 3:49:55 hours|
|Fandom:||Supernatural, Harry Potter|
|External Links:||Old Country (author's site)|
Old Country (AO3)
Old Country (audiobook)
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Author's Summary: Sam and Dean go to Hogwarts. (spoilers for All Hell Breaks Loose, Deathly Hallows)
- In the story, Sam and Dean end up at Hogwarts after the end of season 2. Sam learns magic and obsessively researches in the hope of finding a way to save Dean's life. This picture isn't a scene from the story (which is told from Dean's POV) but is instead a moment with Sam. Late at night, Sam takes a break from his studies.
Recs and Reviews
"This is not only an amazing crossover, set post book seven for Harry Potter and mid season 2 for Supernatural, but is one of the reasons I started watching Supernatural in the first place. Dean’s reaction to the Wizarding World, and Hogwarts, is spot on and priceless. The Wizarding World’s reaction to Dean? Even better. Funny, with enough emotional umphf to make you pay attention."
- This story IS Wincest, and as such I can understand non-Wincest people eschewing it - BUT, if you're fond of Harry Potter and of SPN, it's still well worth reading, because the 'shippy bit is only a very small part of the story, and the first time I read it I just sort of fastforwarded through that bit. The whole thing of Dean being in Hufflepuff and Sam in Ravenclaw, and the stuff with the Impala, and the goblins, and the unicorn, and the inherited Slytherin mansion...there's an awful lot to love about this story, and the bowmchikabowmbowm bit is only very brief. Mostly it reads as Gen.
- astolat. Supernatural/HP: Old Country (Sam/Dean), 13 September 2007. (Accessed 13 June 2011)
- Supernatural AU - "Old Country" illustration, 16 September 2007; WebCite(Accessed 13 June 2011)
- pandarus in hp_podslash. Podfic: 'Old Country', by Astolat, SPN/Harry Potter, NC17, 08 August 2009. (Accessed 13 June 2011)
- Translation page at crossroad-blues.net; WebCite.
- WebCite for Vid Trailer.
- A is for Astolat (Accessed 13 June 2011)