Padmé Amidala/Obi-Wan Kenobi
|Pairing:||Padmé Amidala/Obi-Wan Kenobi|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Skywalking, 1983 biography of George Lucas written by Dale Pollock
There will also be a torrid love triangle among the grown-up Queen (who will give birth to twins, Luke and Leia,), Annakin [sic] Skywalker, and Ben Kenobi. The consequences of this love triangle are one of the great betrayals layered throughout the three prequels that have enormous impact on all of the major characters of the story.
It is believed that earlier drafts contained this plot line, but that it got cut alone the way, leaving only echos of it in a few moments, such as the confrontation on Mustafar.
Obidala shippers come on two main forms:
- Those who ship the two with each other because they think both deserve better than Anakin
- Those who are fond of Anakin as well, but see the potential between Padmé and Obi-Wan. Usually OT3 inclined (see Anakin/Amidala/Obi-Wan).
- Obi Wan's Secret AFFAIR, video essay by Lore Star
- This Simple Trick Makes The Original ‘Star Wars’ Prequels Way More Watchable by Donna Dickens
- Star Wars Theory: Were Padme’ and Obi-Wan having an affair? by David
Resources & Links
- Obidala Network, a 2008–2017 fanfiction archive
- obiwan_padme, a LiveJournal community
- Archive of Our Own
- Tumblr tag: Obidala