|Name:||Myrtle Rebecca Douglas Smith Gray Nolan|
|Alias(es):||Morojo, Myrtle R. Douglas|
|Type:||fanzine publisher and cosplay pioneer|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Like many early science fiction fans, Morojo was an Esperanto enthusiast and her fannish name is an Esperantoism.
Morojo is considered a groundbreaking cosplay pioneer who, in 1939, appeared at the first Worldcon in the first known hall costume. The costume, which was designed by Morojo, is often referred to as futuricostume. She was accompanied by her partner at the time, Forrest J Ackerman, who was wearing a matching costume also made by Morojo.
- Guteto, a FAPAzine featuring large sections in Esperanto (June 1941 - July 1946) 
- Stephan the STFAN, a fanzine containing fan autographs (1939-1946) 
- 1939 Best Fanzine Retro Hugo (awarded in 2014) 
- 1945 Best Fanzine Retro Hugo (awarded in 2020) 
Links & Resources
- Morojo on Fancyclopedia
- Who's Who in Fandom 1940: Douglas, Myrtle (Morojo), Archived version
- Obituaries, Archived version by Elmer Perdue (writing as 520 07 0328) and Forrest J Ackerman, 1965
- Meet the Woman Who Invented Cosplay, Archived version by Jennifer Culp, 2016