Madi (Black Sails)
|Relationships:||Mr. Scott (father); Maroon Queen (mother), John Silver (husband)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Madi, called Madi Scott by some fans, is a Black Sails character. She spent her early childhood in Nassau alongside Eleanor Guthrie and was raised on the Maroon Island among a community of former slaves, destined to succeed as their leader.
'The voice you hear in your head I imagine I know who it sounds like, as I know Eleanor wanted those things. But I hear other voices. A chorus of voices. Multitudes. They reach back centuries. Men and women and children who'd lost their lives to men like you. Men and women and children forced to wear your chains. I must answer to them and this war their war Flint's war my war it will not be bargained away to avoid a fight, to save John Silver's life or his men's or mine.' ―Madi to Woodes Rogers, XXXVII.
She first appears in Season 3, when the crew of the Walrus are captured and imprisoned on her island. Madi is curious about the pirates and less wary of the outside world than her mother, the Maroon Queen. With the help of John Silver, an alliance is forged between the pirates and ex-slaves of the Maroon Island.
In Season 4, Madi leads her men on the joint excursion to retake Nassau from the British. She is now lovers with John Silver. Much of the season revolves around the shifting power dynamics of the alliance, and the tensions that grow between love and political goals.
In Treasure Island, the book on which Black Sails is based, John Silver is said to be married to a 'woman of colour'; this was the inspiration for Madi's character.
The most common pairing featuring Madi is the canonical Madi/John Silver. In line with Black Sails' penchant for triumvirates, threesomes, and moresomes, the non-canonical pairings of Captain Flint/Madi/John Silver and Captain Flint/Thomas Hamilton/Madi/John Silver are also somewhat popular.
- Quid Pro Quo by ragana. Madi adjusts to her role as queen. It is a steep learning curve.
- armed with the past and the will by whimsicalimages. The language of winning and losing, this language that men favor – Madi can speak this language, though she disagrees with its precepts.
- pass on your way, then, with a smiling face by youremyqueen. Flint sleeps in the spare room until he doesn't.
- Give Me Love - Silver & Madi by Afterthebattle.
- John Silver & Madi Scott (you're a sky full of stars) by Pirates Black Sails