|Trope · Genre|
|See Also:||Threesome, OT3|
|Tropes · Slash Tropes · Tropes by Fandom|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
A Love Triangle is a common writing trope, as defined by Urban Dictionary:
When two people both love a third person, and that third often loves them both. The object of their love may be conflicted as to whom he/she wants
Canonical Love Triangles
- Katniss, Peeta and Gale - The Hunger Games
- Bella, Edward and Jacob - Twilight
- Archie, Betty and Veronica - Archie Comics
- Gwen, Arthur and Lancelot - Merlin and other works based on Arthurian Legend
- Lori, Rick and Shane - The Walking Dead
- Elena, Stefan and Damon - The Vampire Diaries
- Finn, Clarke and Raven - The 100
- Angels Would Fall by Morgan, in which a family friend has secret relationships with both Taylor and Zac.
- Oklahoma Living by Miss Dodger Blue, in which Taylor's girlfriend begins seeing Zac behind his back.
- You Irritate Me by Nat, in which Zac's best friend begins hooking up with Taylor, creating in rift in their friendship.