Lance Hunter/Bobbi Morse
|Pairing:||Lance Hunter/Bobbi Morse|
|Fandom:||Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., MCU, Marvel Comics|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Lance Hunter and Bobbi Morse joined the cast of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in Season 2 - Hunter in episode 1, and Bobbi in episode 5. Hunter is initially a British mercenary hired by Phil Coulson but he later joins S.H.I.E.L.D.. He spends much of the first five episodes of the season constantly mentioning his she-devil ex-wife, who is revealed to be Bobbi when she joins the team. The two spend the next episodes with an antagonistic relationship, until the eighth episode season where their fighting culminates in having sex in the back of an SUV. Their relationship evolves into a romantic one, though they continue to bicker even while romantically involved. Despite their regular bickering, they care about each other; before going on missions, they often tell each other don't die out there.
Their relationship sours towards the end of Season 2, when it is revealed Bobbi is working for a different faction of S.H.I.E.L.D. and their mutual friend Alphonso Mackenzie kidnaps Hunter to keep him from raising suspicions about Bobbi and Mack's loyalties to the rest of the team. Their relationship is repaired when Bobbi takes a bullet meant for Hunter in the Season 2 finale.
In Season 3, they discuss the possibility of getting married again. Bobbi is opposed. Later in the season, both Bobbi and Hunter are captured while on a mission in Russia. Their activities in Russia were illegal and admitting themselves as a part of S.H.I.E.L.D. would destroy the organization's reputation, which was already sullied. Instead, when Coulson comes to rescue them, they ask to be disavowed, and they exit the show. This exit was intended to launch a series focused on their relationship, Marvel's Most Wanted, but the show never came to fruition.
Hunter returns to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. for a one episode in Season 5. There, he refers to himself and Bobbi as 'one hundred percent compatible, fifty percent of the time', and expresses that he and Bobbi are still together, but often take breaks from each other.
Both characters have appeared in Marvel comics. They had several romantic encounters in the 2016 Mockingbird series. Following their depiction in the TV series, Hunter was retconned to share a romantic history with Bobbi, similar to their relationship on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 
- Mr. & Mrs. Hunter by plinys, In which Bobbi really wishes she had done a background check on the guy she had decided to marry. Mr & Mrs Smith AU
- Eavesdrop by snarkysweetness, Just because there’s a baby on the way doesn’t mean Bobbi and Lance are going to stop bickering; she is a demonic beast married to a child after all.
- i'll never stop wanting to by WickedSong, Lance Hunter, Bobbi Morse and one - not that he would ever admit it - worried phone call.
- The Secret Ingredient is Love by lazyfish and Gort, Lance Hunter is a war veteran still dealing with the ghosts of his past. Bobbi Morse is a high-powered lawyer with more ambition than she knows what to do with. They’re also divorced - kind of. When they both clinch spots on the first season of All-Star Baker, sparks fly. Surrounded by baking and memories of their shared past, they begin to reconnect and find their time apart has changed them both. Ten weeks later, they end up winning more than just a competition. Great British Baking Show AU
- Agents of Shield || Bombshell Blonde ~ Bobbi Morse/HuntingBird
- Hunter & Bobbi | "Your Weakness Is Each Other" || Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
- one more night | bobbi & hunter