Journey into Fantasy
|Title:||Journey into Fantasy|
|Publisher:||Gerry Downes/Stardate: Unknown and Karmic Runes|
|Fandom:||Star Wars and Original Fiction|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The zine was produced and printed in Alaska, the layout was by students at the Eagle River Correctional Center under the auspices of the "Arts in Prison" program.
Journey into Fantasy 1 was published in 1977.
Journey into Fantasy 2 was published in 1978 and contains 41 pages. It is offset reduced, 8 1/2 by 6, and has a cream colored paper interior with linen finish cover. It has a color cover of the Great Nebula in Orion. Interior art is by Gerry Downes, R.C., Julie Driskell, and Abdul Hakim Batin Muhsi.
- A Necklace of Neck Lace ("It may not be possible for the young spacer to love a Hlal; her mate died, her symbiotic necklace is withering away, and when it's gone...")
- The Werewolf of Howling Island ("Charlie writes stories about vampires, witches, werewolves... things that aren't real. but today is Charlie's birthday, and his friends have planned a little surprise.")
- Off to See the Wizard by Kathy Resch ("The first cyborg probe to the stars is ready, but its programming is more independent than planned.")
- Black Magic (Winner of the Dale C. Donaldson (Moonbroth) award. "When the gods call for sacrifice, the call will be answered.")
- poetry ("A minstrel sings of those strange creatures, humans; a chilling way to find immortality; probe the ashes and find that destroyer of minds, a book techno-war, a computo-lust and systems suppression; the priestess of the silver star; the last survivor; memory tracks; and serpent time.")
- The Darker Side by Gerry Downes ("an article on the personality/possibilities of our newest villain, Darth Vader, Dark Lord of Sith, and would-be ruler of a galaxy far away...")