|Also Known As:||Joe, JGL, RegularJoe, HitRECordJoe|
|Works:||3rd Rock from the Sun, 10 Things I Hate About You, Mysterious Skin, Brick, The Lookout, (500) Days of Summer, Inception, 50/50, The Dark Knight Rises, etc|
|Official Website(s):||Twitter, Tumblr, hitRECord.org|
|Fan Website(s):||see this article|
|On Fanlore:||Related pages|
An actor from childhood, Joseph Gordon-Levitt (JGL) has been (aptly) described as "the Internet's new boyfriend" in 2010. After having primarily acted in independent films, his role as Arthur in Inception introduced him to a wider audience. A combination of factors took countless fangirl and -boy hearts by storm, most often quoted are:
- his undeniable talent as an actor
- being generally gorgeous combined with the ability to look snazzy in suits
- having a genuinely lovely public persona, e.g. giving intelligent and charming interviews
- being outspoken about the creative potential of the internet and running hitRECord.org, an online collaborative platform (later production company)
- singing and dancing!
Communities & Tumblrs
- Fuck Yeah JGL
- Fuck Yeah Regular Joe
- Fuck Yeah Joseph Gordon-Levitt
- JGL News
- JGL: Get In My Bed
- JGL FTW
- daily dose of jgl
- August 8 2010, Popeater Reasons Why Joseph Gordon-Levitt is the Web's Favorite Star of the Moment. Accessed 3 November 2010.
- Wikipedia entry: Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Accessed 3 November 2010.
- cf., for example:
- 29 August 2010. sweetestdrain. Why Joseph Gordon-Levitt will henceforth be housed in my bedroom closet. Accessed 3 November 2010.
- cf. the 19 May 2009 Esquire photo shoot. Accessed 3 November 2010.
- for example: 16 July 2010. Off the Cuff with Peter Travers. Accessed 3 November 2010.
- e.g. in this 2009 Interview with The Wrap. Accessed 3 November 2010.
- for example: