|Relationships:||Mako Rutledge (partner in crime)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Jamison used to live in the Australian outback, which was turned into an irradiated wasteland by the destruction of an Omniom's (a factory for manufacturing Omnics) fusion core. He survived the attack but was eventually affected by the radiation. He found a valuable treasure in the wreck of the omnium, and soon became the target of countless bounty hunters and gangs. He hired Mako Rutledge to be his bodyguard and now the two travel the world, stealing wherever they go.
Tropes within fanworks include:
- Crossovers or allusions to The Joker in fanworks, since Jamison shares many traits with him
- Crossovers or allusions to Rick Sanchez in fanworks
- Jamison being friends with Hana Song and Lúcio Correia dos Santos
- Jamison and Mako Rutledge being compared to Waluigi and Wario
- Jamison and Mako Rutledge wearing matching clothes
Fanworks involving Jamison tend to be full of canon-type violence. Some focus on the affect the radiation had on his mental state, while others explore his relationship with Mako Rutledge, platonically and/or romantically.
The juggernaut ship is Roadhog/Junkrat. This is because the two are a duo in-game and share extensive history. They are featured together in in-game sprays, comics, and other backstory material. There is also a small sticker on Roadhog's hook that says 'from Junkrat' when wearing his Christmas skin.
[Examples illustrating common tropes; gen works; pairings other than those with their own articles]
- In Which Junkrat Fucks up His Prosthetic for the Hundredth time by Hirose
- Junkrat and Roadhog's Big Break by GraciousVictory
- "Junkrat, You Need to Calm Down" by Normal_Ghost