If I Knew You Were Coming
|Title:||If I Knew You Were Coming|
|External Links:||If I Knew You Were Coming (SGA Flashfiction); If I Knew You Were Coming (fanworks by kass)|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
If I Knew You Were Coming features several classic slash tropes, among them cluelessness, pining, two characters being the last to realize they're dating, and Rodney assuming that John had been interested in someone else (in this case his Mensaverse doppelganger Rod).
Author's Summary: "What, did Jeannie tell you I have a thing for al fresco dining and sunburn?"
Recs & Reactions
- "Delightful. I do love these guys when they're fumbling around in their cluelessness."
- "Aww! Sweet like cake but not syrupy. Love the personalities of your OCs (and the McMurdo backstory, heh) and the way you deftly balanced Rodney's bravado and insecurity. And John's unawareness of his attraction -- that can go horribly wrong in a fic, but it didn't here, and you didn't draw any part out too long, either. Just overall delicious."
- "[...] this one comes from the "Cake or Death Challenge" and, yes, the topic is "cake." [...] The ingredients are friendship, cake, misunderstanding and denial with a pinch of angst. All combine for a delicious result. You'll enjoy excellent writing, fine characterizations, witty banter and be secure in the knowledge that no good deed goes unpunished."
- Cake or Death at SGA Flashfiction, accessed February 6, 2012
- comment at fic post by brendalu, 3 Aug 2007. (Accessed 6 Feb 2012)
- comment at fic post by bironic 8 Aug 2007. (Accessed 6 Feb 2012)
- If I Knew You Were Coming by kassrachel (R) rec post by vx10000 at Stargateficrec, 23 Dec 2007. (Accessed 6 Feb 2012)