|Name:||Stargate Fic Recommendations|
|Moderator:||angelsgracie, medie, kellifer_fic, annieb1955, blueorchid26, phrenitis, thenightsfall|
|Fandom:||Gateverse (Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate: Universe)|
|URL:||http://stargateficrec.livejournal.com; archive link|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Stargateficrec (a.k.a. Stargate Fic Recommendations) is a Gateverse reccing community on LiveJournal, where anyone can sign up to volunteer as a reccer for a month in up to three of the community's categories. Recs are tagged (using LiveJournal's tagging system) by character, pairing, theme, etc.
[...] This is a well-established community based on the principle of recommending fanfiction for Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe. We pride ourselves on accepting every type of fanfiction, including all tastes. Ship, Slash, Gen... We do our best to accommodate it all.
Main Areas Available For Rec'cing Are: Categories are for SG-1, Atlantis, and SGU
Characters, Friendship, Genre, and Pairings (Het and Slash)
We Have An FAQ post. Stargateficrec FAQ
Basically, this post explains it all... If you have a question on how to post a rec, how to gain posting access, or the general rules of the comm... go here first. If you don't see your question here (or it isn't answered), then please contact me.
NOTE: Flaming will not be allowed. Everyone has different tastes and if you don't agree, there are ways of saying that without flaming anyone. Flames will be deleted immediately and warnings will be given. We've never had to ban anyone from the comm, and I'd hate for it to happen, but the priority here is to have a place where everyone can find something to read and enjoy.
A few quick and basic things to know:
- . The term for each rec'cer will be a month.
- . Rec'cers are asked to post at least four recs a month.
- . You can rec for up to three categories.
Posting access will be given only to those who volunteer to rec fics.
- "[FAQ question:] What about RP fic? [Answer:] Gonna have to say 'no' to this one. It's a touchy subject matter that can be very controversial and I strive for this comm to be as free from conflict as possible. Therefore, no fic that contains real people... Characters only." From the comm's FAQ post. (Accessed 12 Feb 2012)
- From the comm's LJ profile page. (Accessed 12 Feb 2012)