Glossary of Anon Meme Terminology
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Many anon memes have developed their own vocabulary & abbreviations to differentiate users and clarify topics for easier navigation.
- Author Anon; "I'm the author of the commentfic, responding to feedback."
- Another term for a participant in the meme
- Inadvertently posting a comment logged in
- Anon I Replied To
- Art Prompt Thread, used primarily on spnpermanon
- "Anon You Replied To", commonly used at the beginning of a comment to self-identify ("I am the anon you replied to") but also used to talk in the third person about the user who someone else replied to. (For example, Uh, AYRT is definitely trolling.)
- A AYRT RT
- Anon (who) Anon You Replied To Replied To; "I'm the anon from two posts above you."
- Different Anon; "I am a different anon from the one you're replying to."
- Details, details!
- Fanworks Discussion, used primarily on spnpermanon
- An anonymous user on fail_fandomanon.
- Link, links!
- (noun) The anonmeme the discussion is taking place on. For example: Nonny, maybe you should take a break from meme.
- (noun) Specifically the fail_fandomanon meme. For example: They were wanking about me on meme.
- (verb) Going on or using an anonmeme, usually fail_fandomanon. For example: I've been memeing too much, it's not healthy.
- A participant in the meme (short for anonymouse)
- New Anon; "I'm a new anon who has not commented on this thread before."
- Not (the) Anon You Replied To
- Name names
- What many participants call the anon memes.
- Main article: Original Poster
- Original Poster; in the context of anonmemes this usually refers to the user who made the top-level comment in the thread.
- Same Anon; "I'm the same anon, replying to my own comment to edit/elaborate."
- When a thread with a broad topic has more specific topics brought up in each second-level comment. The top-level comment might initiate discussion of a fandom and each second-level comment a particular aspect, like fanfiction in one and ship wank in another.
- sub-thread OP
- The anonymous user who first posted the topic being discussed.
- Inadvertently posting a comment intended for one anonmeme to another (for example, a kink meme prompt to an episode review thread)
- Inadvertently posting a comment in the wrong thread or as a new thread instead of under the desired reply-to comment
- Acronym: "Things You Wouldn't Admit Un-anon"