|Name:||Fanfix (also "FanfiX" and "Fanfix.com" and "fanfix")|
|Archivist:||Deborah Brennan, Gator & Wombat|
|Fandom:||Star Wars, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace|
|URL:||The Star Wars Fan Fiction Library Site, Archived version|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Fanfix: the Star Wars Fan Fiction Library was a fan fiction archive for Star Wars fan writers. It accepted fan fiction from both the original Star Wars movies as well as The Phantom Menace prequels. In 1997, the archive was listed among the 'Top 10 Star Wars Fan Sites.' 
In 2003, the company hosting the archive went down and data was lost. The site was partially restored until it went down for good in late 2003.  Some of the missing content can be found in earlier versions of the website stored on the Internet Archive here.
Wombat, one of the co-archivists, gives an account of what happened in The death of FanfiX.com.Another fan posted:
A reply by the site owner five years later:
Whatever happened to FanfiX?
For years, FanfiX.com was the fanfic archive for Star Wars fandom. The archive started in the late 90’s and was officially dubbed FanfiX.com with the domain purchase in 1997. And then, in 2003, it vanished, and people have been intermittently asking about it ever since. Wombat, one of the site archivists, gives her account.
While FanfiX could never completely archive all Star Wars fic online, particularly after the fandom explosion with TPM in 1999 and the growing popularity of self-upload archives like FanFiction.net during that same period, the loss was a striking blow to the SW fanfic community. Yes, you can still access it via the WayBack Machine, but the possibility was there for a central touchstone for the SW fanfic community.Are all-encompassing archives like FanFiX or The Gossamer Project practical anymore? Are they even possible? Do we need them? Sometimes I wonder… 
Fanfix went down when I broke my neck in a car accident and lost the domain name. I recently got it back….. miss all of you.. wombat if your still out there drop me a line :) Deborah 
Stories were assigned to the following categories:
- OLD REPUBLIC
- RISE OF THE EMPEROR
- BETWEEN THE TRILOGIES
- NEW REPUBLIC
- YOUNG JEDI KNIGHTS
- NEW JEDI ORDER
- ALTERNATE UNIVERSE
- ROLE PLAYING
Reactions and Reviews
I miss Fanfix.com! I went to fanfiction.net around the same time I signed up at fanfix, but fanfix was Star Wars! It was my life blood! I remember getting so excited that my fanfiction was going to be published there. On fanfix.com!!!
It's nice to be able to see the site on the way back machine... I even found my old fanfiction!Yay for Mara Jade Skywalker and an email address served by Dark Horse and stopped without comment... :) 
Fanfix was my favorite fic site and I miss it still. The rumors had been that Lucasfilm had ordered it removed. 
- "From a film to an industry to a thriving worldwide community, the Star Wars phenomenon has come of age in cyberspace" by Dave Green, Yahoo Internet Life -- YIL: Star Wars on the Net, March 1996, Archived version
- "02-15-2003: With the exception of about two small files, the Old Republic Page is complete once more. The other pages are still kind of hodge-podge. I'll keep you updated. 02-13-2003: Well, I finally found out that all is lost on the server. So, I'm starting the long process of re-uploading the entire site. This will be a particularly long an annoying process because a)I only have an hour or so a day I can work on it, b)I have one of the crappiest dial-up connections known to man, and c)many of the older stories are backed up on a zip disk that currently resides somewhere in a storage unit. I know. Sorry. The good news is that the many of the pages now have some of the stories restored. :) I'll keep plugging away at it. Oh yeah, all the email accounts are back up. Contact at will. 02-11-2003: Yes, our hosting company has had a major hard-drive error and we're not currently sure what's going on. This is the only page of the site that works. I'll be keeping you informed as best I can. And, unfortunately, our email does not work right now, either." -- The Star Wars Fan Fiction Library Site, Archived version
- Dunc at Whatever happened to FanfiX?, Archived version, November 9, 2007
- Deborah at Whatever happened to FanfiX?, Archived version, October 5, 2012
- from a 2007 comment by jawastew at The death of FanfiX.com
- from a 2010 comment by ladycallie at The death of FanfiX.com