Edge of Tomorrow
|Name:||Edge of Tomorrow|
|Creator:||Doug Liman (director)|
|Date(s):||June 6, 2014|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|External Links:||Official site|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Edge of Tomorrow is a 2014 science fiction film starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt. It is based on the light novel All You Need Is Kill and features a time loop where the protagonist is sent back in time every time he dies.
"The epic action of this sci-fi thriller unfolds in a near-future in which an alien race has hit the Earth in an unrelenting assault ,unbeatable by any military unit in the world.Major William Cage (Cruise) is an officer who has never seen a day of combat when he is unceremoniously dropped into what amounts to a suicide mission. Killed within minutes, Cage now finds himself inexplicably thrown into a time loop—forcing him to live out the same brutal combat over and over, fighting and dying again…and again.But with each battle, Cage becomes able to engage the adversaries with increasing skill, alongside Special Forces warrior Rita Vrataski(Blunt). And, as Cage and Rita take the fight to the aliens, each repeated encounter gets them one step closer to defeating the enemy."
Despite being a small fandom (less than 100 works on AO3 as of May 2020), Edge of Tomorrow is recognized as a fusion tag. Further, roughly a third of the works on for Edge of Tomorrow on AO3 are crossovers or fusions.
- Trade All My Tomorrows by whetherwoman. (2014)
- The Great Redeemer by Remnant Stars. (2015) A Pacific Rim fusion that places Rita and Cage in the setting of Pacific Rim.
- Full Metal Bitch by freudensteins_monster. (2017). An Avengers fic inspired by Edge of Tomorrow.
Links & Resources
- Edge of Tomorrow at Archive of Our Own
- Edge of Tomorrow at FanFiction.Net
- Edge of Tomorrow tagged on tumblr.