Dog Sees God: Confessions of a Teenage Blockhead
|Title:||Dog Sees God: Confessions of a Teenage Blockhead|
|Creator:||Bert V. Royal|
|External Links:||Wikipedia, TV Tropes|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Dog Sees God: Confessions of a Teenage Blockhead is a play written by Bert V. Royal. Described as an "unauthorized continuation" of the comic strip Peanuts, the play reimagines several Peanuts characters as teenagers. Drug use, child sexual abuse, suicide, eating disorders, teen violence, rebellion, sexual relations, and identity are among the themes covered. Due to copyright issues, none of the characters in the play are referred to by their official Peanuts names.
A sequel, The Gospel According to Matt: Confessions of a Teenage Dirtbag was announced in 2014.
- CB (Charlie Brown): The protagonist who is devastated by the death of his dog.
- CB's Sister (Sally) has gone Goth, but adopts other personas such as "gangsta-bitch" and hippy.
- Van (Linus): A stoner who got hooked on pot after CB and Van's sister burnt his security blanket.
- Matt (Pig-Pen): A germaphobic and homophobic football player.
- Beethoven (Schroeder): A recluse who became a social outcast after it was revealed he was sexually abused by his father. He finds solace in playing the piano.
- Marcy (Marcie): A party girl and Tricia's sidekick.
- Tricia (Peppermint Patty): A self-described "pretty" and "popular" party girl.
- Van's Sister (Lucy) has been institutionalized for lighting the Little Red-Haired Girl's hair on fire.