|Forever Knight Faction|
|Date(s):||Dec 1995 to present|
|Community:||Dark Knighties Dungeon Yahoo!Group,|
|URL:||Tales of Dark Nicholas (fanfic archive)|
Embrace the Darkness
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Dark Knighties are one of the factions in Forever Knight fandom. Dark Knighties are fans of Nick Knight who feel that he should embrace his vampire side. They are considered a "fraction faction": that is to say, a spin-off from one of the original factions, the Knighties.
E-Mail Lists & Yahoo!Groups
The faction began in December 1995 in loop mode. They officially went to list on 29 October 1997. On 29 August 2000, the list was moved to egroups.com (later purchased by Yahoo!)
The following Dark Knightie Yahoo!Groups exist:
- The Dark Knightie's Dungeon - founded 3 March 2000, inactive since 2006.
- DarkKnighties - founded 29 August 2000, inactive since 2007.
The original faction website was "Dark Knighties", a page on Jan J.'s Dark Knight Lair website. There is also an official archive of Dark Knightie fan fiction, Tales of Dark Nicholas, managed by Becky J. The site has not been updated since 7 April 2001.
Forever Knight Wars
The Dark Knighties have participated in the following Forever Knight Wars:
- with the Knighties faction in War 7.
- as a faction in their own right in War 8.
- as the "Circle of the Dark Knight", a cadet branch of the Cousins, in War 9.
Other Faction Events
The Dark Knighties held an interactive fiction event called the "Dark Revel" on their own mailing list.
A symbol for the Dark Knighties was created for the affiliation pins created by Susan A. Garrett and Calliope Monsoon. It reverses the symbol used for the Knighties, having a black background on which, in white, is the figure of a knight wearing a medieval helmet.
A better-drawn version of the same symbol was created by Jan J. for use on her Dark Knighties' faction page. In her version, the knight wears a white surcoat and cloak over dark armour, and bears a white shield with the initials of the faction (i.e., the letters "DK") on it.
In 2012, Greer Watson created an icon for the Dark Knighties as part of her project to create a set of icons for all the Forever Knight factions. The design composits a screen capture of Nick in vampire mode (red eyes and fangs) with the following:
- a darkened version of a medieval great helm, looking to the left (i.e. reversed from the orientation used on the Knighties' icon), to represent Nick's origin as a 13th century crusader
- a night view of the CN Tower, to represent his present life in Toronto
- a glass of blood, to represent his "dark" side
The background of the icon is a night sky, again to indicate Nick's dark side, in contrast to the bright sunset sky used on the Knighties' icon.