Cuckoo (Tony Stark vid)
|Date:||21 May 2012|
|Music:||"Mowgli's Road" by Marina and the Diamonds|
|Fandom:||Iron Man, Marvel Cinematic Universe|
|Footage:||Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 2 deleted scenes|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Summary: "Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?" In which Tony Stark moves through life taking two steps forward, one step back.
Reactions and Reviews
Jesus Christ this is so perfect. The hyper music and editing give it a real vibe of showing off Stark style. The procession of clips to show Tony's development from flashy selfish asshole to even flashier slightly less selfish but even more tormented kinda hero is a work of art. A rundown of my favorite parts:
- 30-35 Howard's dream to Tony's dream, both of them being showmen.
- 39 escape if I try hard enough, because FUCK DEFEAT, TONY STARK built his suit IN A CAVE FROM A BOX OF SCRAPS!
- 44 onward with fucking Obadiah being a giant creepy menace. KING OF THE JUNGLE holy shit
- 1:24 Tony looking in the mirror and being disgusted/terrified by what he sees.
- 1:33 onward saying yes while saying fuck you to authority but being beaten by his best friend, no guaranteed wins.
- 1:45 do you think you will be you good enough? That little fucking nod answering NOPE, to the beat breaks my fucking heart. (FAVORITE PART OF THE ENTIRE VID #1)
- 1:45 onward to people in Tony's life turning their backs and walking away, that rejection is like a stab to the gut.
- 1:50 to love others, him protecting Pepper and Happy to AND BE LOVED AND THE FUCKING CLOSE UP OF HOWARD, HOLY SHIT. The atom bomb of daddy issues right to the face (THIS IS MY FAVORITE PART OF THE ENTIRE VID # 2) JUST KEEP TWISTING THAT KNIFE BECAUSE IT HURTS SO GOOD.
Some stylistic choices I also liked are the little moment at 1:57 of him raising the projection to the of pitch of Marina's voice like a conductor, because he's an ARTIST. And the torture scenes being set to a shrieking pitch, and the choruses, especially of him in the suit free falling and the Mark 1 mask at the end to wrap it up are just amazing. Inspired editing.This to me is the ultimate TONY FEELS vid, you are fantastic and thank you for making this masterpiece.
This is one of the best techically made live action vids I’ve seen.
The quick cut, jittery, fast paced movement is exactly how I picture it felt to Tony and the spontaneity seems like it perfectly fits his mind/brain and his unique perspective. Awesome and Amazing.
- Comment on Cuckoo DigitalMeowMix. [Tony Stark Fanvid], 01 June 2012. (Accessed 16 June 2012)
- nova_bright. Comment, 14 June 2012. (Accessed 16 June 2012)
- nikkifx, YouTube comment. (Accessed 16 June 2012)