"WELCOME TO FANLORE IS JERICHO!"
|Also Known As:||Y2J, Lionheart, Your Hero Role Model and Paragon of Virtue, The Ayatollah of Rock N Rollah, The King of the Loopholes, The Larger-Than-Life Living Legend, The King of the World, The Highlight of the Night, The Sexy Beast, The Man of 1004 Holds|
|Occupation:||Wrestler, actor, rock singer, podcaster|
|Medium:||Professional Wrestling, music|
|Works:||over 2,000 matches, 13 albums as the lead singer for Fozzy, four autobiographies (A Lion's Tale: Around the World in Spandex, Undisputed: How to Become the World Champion in 1,372 Easy Steps, The Best in the World: At What, I Have No Idea and No Is a Four-Letter Word: How I Failed Spelling But Succeeded In Life)|
|Fan Website(s):|| |
|On Fanlore:||Related pages|
Born Christopher Keith Irvine, Chris Jericho is an American-born Canadian-raised professional wrestler, actor, rock singer and podcaster best known for his work for Extreme Championship Wrestling, World Championship Wrestling and World Wrestling Entertainment. Among his in-ring achievements, he is a former WWE World Heavyweight Champion, a former 2x WCW World Heavyweight Champion, a former 9x WWE Intercontinental Heavyweight Champion, a former ECW World Television Champion and a former 5x WCW World Cruiserweight Champion.
His favorite movie is This Is Spinal Tap, and he reportedly annoyed the heck out of director Rob Reiner by geeking out about the movie when he met him. At the awful WCW Fall Brawl 98 PPV, he parodied Goldberg's dramatic guided entrance by walking with his fat "security guard" Ralphus[note 1] and got "lost" on his way to the ring a la the "Hello, Cleveland!" scene. He named his cat Ash after Bruce Campbell's character in the Evil Dead movies.
[note 2]"My my my - what a motley looking Crew this is! This reminds me of the cantina scene from 'Star Wars!' I mean, you got a couple of Vanilla Ice wannabes, you got a freak of nature and her Mini-Me little buddy - you got a bleach-blonde buffoon, and you got a really fat guy in a diaper - this is disgusting, well at least after Sunday when I become the undisputed Intercontinental champion, I will never, EEEEEEEEEEEVER, have to worry about any of you... agayne."
- Armbar![note 3]
Fan Community Nickname
Jerichoholics, coined by Jericho himself on the February 2, 1998 WCW Monday Nitro.
"This website will never, EVEERRRRR be the same again!"
- Who was named for the evil midget in the infamous 1976 Horror movie The Incredible Torture Show.
- Too Cool (Grandmaster Sexay [Brian Christopher, real last name Lawler] and Scotty 2 Hotty) had a hip-hop dancer gimmick, The Kat (Stacy Carter) was the "Mini-Me little buddy" (and, interestingly enough, briefly Brian's stepmother), Hardcore Holly was the "bleach-blonde buffoon" and Rikishi was the "fat guy in a diaper." He had a dancing Sumo wrestler gimmick.
- During his big Heel run as WCW World Cruiserweight Champion in early 1998, Jericho had defeated "The Man of 1000 Holds" Dean Malenko at WCW Uncensored 1998 on March 15th. Mean Gene Okerlund asked Malenko what he was going to do next and Malenko said he was going "home," and promptly disappeared from TV. This led to Jericho cutting hilarious promos running Malenko down. On the March 30, 1998 WCW Monday Nitro, after Squashing Marty Jannetty, Jericho said that he had counted Malenko's holds and that he, Malenko, "knew about sixty. I know 1004 and I wrote them all down. Here we go," and proceeded to read them off of a big computer printout. A running gag was that, in order to fill out the list, he said Armbar over and over. The complete list can be found here.
- They alternated between wrestling each other and teaming together in 2016-2017.
- As just one example: On the May 8, 2000 episode of Raw, Chris Jericho called Stephanie a "filthy, dirty, disgusting, nasty, skanky, brutal, bottom-feeding, trash-bag ho!" When he was forced to apologize, he did...to all the "filthy, dirty, disgusting, brutal, skanky, bottom-feeding, trash-bag hoes" for even comparing them to Stephanie. He decided that "bargain basement slut" and "miserable slimeball pig" were more appropriate.