BtVS Writer's Guild
|Name:||BtVS Writer's Guild|
|Fandom:||Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel the Series|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
"The BtVS Writers' Guild Zone for writing Spike/Xander love, lust, and mayhem." 
The pages were designed by by James Walkswithwind and the Mad Poetess.
Home Page Welcome
From about 2002:
What Am I Doing Here?
You're here because you plan on writing a slash story about Spike and Xander, from Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, and are searching for tips on the pairing, canon information, writing resources, or general inspiration. Possibly you just want to look at the naughty pictures. All this and more can be yours by following the links on the left, providing you've read the important stuff below. Otherwise, you're here because you made a wrong turn at Albuquerque. Go back three miles and take the rabbit hole on the left.
Disclaimer: All characters and settings from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel: the Series belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, 20th Century Fox, Kuzui Enterprises, and all other respective entities which own the copyrights thereto. This is a critical and literary resource for writers of fan fiction, and purports no ownership of any intellectual properties described above.
Warning: This site deals with the writing of slash fan fiction, which contains homoerotic or homosexual themes, and may discuss explicit sex, mushy emotional stuff, and proper use of a spellchecker. It is thus intended for mature readers and writers only. If you are under the age of majority in your area, you should not proceed past this page. If you are offended by the idea of fiction or artwork depicting Spike and Xander sharing a romantic and/or sexual relationship, this would also be where you stop. Seriously.
Also -- since a large part of this site deals with the actual show's canon on Spike and Xander, there are very likely to be spoilers for current season episodes in certain areas. Notably the canon-vs-fanon area, and some essays. Not *actual* spoilers, for episodes that haven't been aired anywhere yet, but mentions of events and dialogue from episodes that you might not have seen yet if you're in Europe.
Essays found here are the property of the credited writer; written work that is not specifically credited is the property of the webmistresses. Please contact the author or webmistresses as appropriate for permission, if you wish to use all or part of an essay for your own purposes.Graphics found here are manipulations and thus actually belong to the orginal copyright holders of the photos -- but for fandom purposes, they are the property of the site, if not credited to a specific artist. Please contact either the credited artist or the webmistresses for permission to use an image on your own site or to post it elsewhere. Under no circumstances should you link directly to an image on this site, so that the image itself displays on your site/posting-board -- if you wish to direct others to a particular graphic hosted here, use a text link -- and intelligent warnings, if it's an NC-17 graphic.
Our Mission is to promote the writing of quality fanfiction for "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel".
It's simple, straight, and to the point, but it means that the Guild works towards a variety of goals that fall under this:
- Fostering a Community: We've added sections such as the posting board and the chat to encourage writers to talk with each other and discuss ideas. Also that is the purpose of the 'ship affiliates, to create closer knit communities within a 'ship, because the more comfortable an author feels the more likely they are to experiment.
- Improve Fic: We can't write it for you, but we certainly can make it easier by providing resources, references and beta-readers and encourage the use of details to enrich fiction.
- Encourage New Writers: By providing information that will hopefully help them get acquainted and lists of archives and lists with notations on what they will accept.
Overall the Guild and it's Affiliate 'ship zones are designed to be your sites. If you have an idea in terms of a resource or something else that you don't see here, please E-mail us and we will do our best to create it. We will often run surveys to gain ideas, suggestions or information for a new section. So never hesitate to make your voice heard.
The Guild operates on three levels:
- The Guild Site: This is the primary site for this project. On this site there will be general references and other items that will pertain to the entire project.
- The Affiliates: These are sites run along the same ideas of the Guild, but are focused on promoting writing for a particular 'ship within BtVS and Angel. They are designed to work within a smaller community so that the webmasters can maintain close contact with their writers and shape their site to serve their writers needs.
- The Members: This is for all writers who agree with the ideals of the guild. It is designed so that writers who feel the same way about their writing can recognize each other.
The site has thirteen essays. See Essay Index.
- Undying Love (Angel/Buffy), zone master ~ Erinne
- Queen Takes Knight (Angel/Cordelia), zone master ~ Jennifer
- Kiss me, I'm Irish (Angel/Doyle), zone master ~ Spirit
- Lonely Hearts (Angel/Kate), zone master ~ Leigh
- Our Armageddon (Angel/Spike), zone master ~ Little Pinky
- Whispers (Angel/Willow, zone master ~ Ladyfae
- Come Midnight (Angel/Xander), zone master ~ Lar
- Where Angels Burn (Angel/Spike/Willow), zone master ~ Joanne
- Demons: Now & Forever (Anya/Spike), zone master ~ Ragna
- Gesturing Emphatically (Anya/Xander), zone master ~ Duchess of Buffonia
- Bewitched (Amy/Xander), zone master ~ Jason
- Stranger Things Have Happened (Buffy/Doyle), zone master ~ Sonya
- Blue Lights (Buffy/Drusilla), zone master ~ Sandrine
- Shared Destiny (Buffy/Faith), zone master ~ Syrenslure
- Crafting Kismet (Buffy/Giles), zone master ~ Tev Ye
- Slayer's Defense (Buffy/Lindsey), zone master ~ Ragna
- The Slayer and her Wolf (Buffy/Oz), zone master ~ Sharon
- Destroyer of Worlds (Buffy/Spike), zone master ~ Victoria
- Nocturnal Lullaby (Buffy/Willow) - zone master ~ Pat
- Beloved by the Zeppo (Buffy/Xander), zone master ~ Duchess of Buffonia
- Happily Never After (Cordelia/Doyle), zone master ~ Ellen
- Cordy -4- Faith (Cordelia/Faith), zone master ~ Faithtastic
- For Love...Or Money... (Cordelia/Lindsey), zone master ~ Gypsy
- Writer's Council (Cordelia/Wesley), zone master ~ Nightbird
- Vision of Love (Cordelia/Willow), zone master ~ Syrenslure
- Against All Laws of God and Man (Cordelia/Xander), zone master ~ Chris Kenworthy
- To Die By Your Side (Drusilla/Spike), zone master ~ -SUN-
- Insanity (Drusilla/Xander), zone master ~ Grace Fonseca
- Prey (Faith/Oz), zone master ~ Samantha McCullah
- Bitches (Faith/Spike), zone master ~ Panthera
- Nightfires (Faith/Willow), zone master ~ Northlight
- Black & Blue Romance (Faith/Xander), zone master ~ Jason
- Being Seeing You (Giles/Ethan), zone master ~ Gunbunny
- The Quill (Giles/Willow), zone master ~ Andrea
- Phases, (Oz/Willow), zone master ~ Lindsay
- Honest Faces (Riley/Willow), zone master ~ Samantha McCullah
- Eternal . . . Literally (Spike/Harmony), zone master ~ Soulstarsinger
- Crash (Spike/Willow), zone master ~ lanie
- Extra Flamey (Tara/Willow), zone master ~ Adrienne
- She's Contained (Willow/Graham), zone master ~ Gypsy
- Shimmer (Willow/Xander), zone master ~ Sarah
- Near Her Always Willow Character, site admins ~ Gabrielle, Kallie Rose, lilbreck, Shannon