Bruce Banner/Steve Rogers
|Pairing:||Bruce Banner/Steve Rogers|
|Alternative name(s):||American Pi, Spangled Banner|
|Gender category:||Slash, M/M|
|Fandom:||Marvel Comics, The Incredible Hulk/Captain America Movieverse, The Avengers Movieverse (MCU), The Avengers (Marvel)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
As of January 2015 there are 300+ works of this pairing on AO3.
Common Tropes & Fanon
- Fanworks often draw parallels between the lives of Bruce Banner and Steve Rogers, emphasizing the similarities in their origin stories which are most noticeable in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- every bell that tolls me by thingswithwings. Bruce Banner, practical masochist. Or: Bruce gets a dom and a boyfriend, but they're not the same person.
- Figure Drawing by thingswithwings. When he gets back to New York, Steve only lasts five days living in Williamsburg before he packs up again and heads, shamefaced, to Stark Tower. The people are nice enough, but they're a kind of rich that Steve doesn't know how to deal with, and the neighborhood is crowded and strange, with too many eyes on him all the time.
- displacement] by Zekkass. "I'm in control," Steve snaps, and it's the worst-case scenario: Bruce can see green beginning to creep up the side of his neck, the color breaking out over his skin like a rash, an ugly, awful rash, and he never wanted to see this. Not this close, and never from the outside.
- Worth It by snack_size. Bruce likes Steve, and, as it turns out, Steve likes Bruce - but it's all very awkward, and they agree to take it slow.