Blanket Permission to Translate
Blanket Permission to Translate is a way for fanfic authors to let translators know that they allow anyone to translate their fics into other languages. The idea behind the name is that a "blanket" statement, with or without caveats, 'covers' everything a person might want/need to know.
List of Authors Who Give Blanket Permission to Translate
- _rubber_chicken "You do not need to ask my permission to remix, podfic, translate, archive, create art for or create any secondary fanwork of any fanwork I have posted. Anything you produce in turn should feature a link back to my work and credit me by lj!name, and you should also share the link to your work with me! It will serve two purposes: keep me abreast/informed, and make me really happy. I'd absolutely love to know about it."
- 221b-anarion "Anyone who wants to make podfic, art, icons, fanmixes, translations, or anything else based on my work is highly welcome. I only ask that everything has a link back to my original work and credits me by name. If you write me a message and tell me about it, I will shower you with gratitude. :)"
- 51stcenturyfox "Podfic and translations are okay; just let me know and link back, please."
- abriata aka idwyt_nome "Since there've been questions (way more than I ever expected; thank you guys!) about translations, podfic, fic sequels, and art, please know that I have no problems with and place no limitations upon any works of mine you wish to use for any fannish purpose. Please just link the original fic and comment/PM/email me to let me know you've posted something, so I can go see it! If possible, I'd like related works to be posted or cross-posted on the AO3 as well so that we can use the nice magic link feature, but I understand this isn't always possible, especially with translations."
- addandsubtract "anyone who wants to make a podfic, illustration, or translation of any of my fic is free to do so! no permission necessary. I only ask that you give me credit, and include a link to the original. it would also be great if you'd send me a link to where you're posting said podfic, illustration, or translation, as I'd love to link to you, as well."
- aerye "Blanket permission statement: You do not need to ask my permission to remix, podfic, translate, create art for or create secondary fanworks of any fanwork I have posted publicly."
- AfroGeekGoddess "Anyone who is interested in making podfic/art/fanmixes/translations, etc. of my work is welcome to do so. Just please add a link to my original story in whatever post you make, and please message me to let me know where I can find your completed piece" 
- agentotter aka otter "If you'd like to create any sort of transformative work based on any of my fic -- podfic, art, remix, translation, vid, gifset, whatever -- I would be DELIGHTED. Just credit me as the author of the work you're transforming and include a link back to the original. (Using the "inspired by" feature here on AO3 is super handy for that.) And I'd love to have a link to your finished work so I can check it out! Feel free to check in with me about your ideas if you want, I promise I'm friendly. :D"
- aietradaea "You do not need to ask my permission to remix, podfic, translate, archive, create art for or create any secondary fanwork of any fanwork I have posted. Anything you produce in turn should feature a link back to my work and credit me by name, and you should also share the link to your work with me! It will serve two purposes: keep me abreast/informed, and make me really happy. I'd absolutely love to know about it."
- akerwis "You do not need to ask my permission to remix, podfic, translate, create art for or create secondary fanwork of any fanwork I have posted. I ask that if you do, you link back to my original work and let me know about your creation. The latter is pretty important to me."
- alacrity "Consider this blanket permission for transformative works under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Fanart is brilliant, remixes are dope, podfics are utterly the way to my heart. I'd prefer if your work was also posted on AO3 so that it's easy to attribute and link back, but that's not mandatory."
- Alby_Mangroves "Blanket permission for transformative works (podfics, remixes, translations, etc.) based on my fics and art as long as credit is given, you tell me and link back (I want to be able to say hi and thanks, and read/see what you did, you clever person you!), and you are not receiving compensation or giving away the license to original concepts."
- alchemyalice "I give blanket permission for anyone to do translations, podfic, or remixes/off-shoots/whatever of my work. Just drop me a line to let me know that it's happening, so I can check it out!"
- alison aka paperandkink "Transformative works: I give blanket permission for all transformative works based on my works, including translations, podfic, and remixes. However, I do ask the following if you are planning to do this: 1. Please notify me either in a comment here or on tumblr (paperandkink). 2. Small changes and edits are fine and do not need to be approved by me, but please run any substantial changes by me for podfic. 3. Link back to the original work wherever applicable. 4. Send me a link to the completed transformative work so I can see/listen! Thank you!"
- amadi "You don't need to ask before you record podfic (or make other transformative works) from or based upon what I've written, but please notify me when those works are posted/published/placed in a public archive. I like to share, but I like to know when I have!" (Clarified in a comment: this applies to translations also.)
- Amber "You do not need to ask my permission to remix, podfic, translate, create art for or create secondary fanwork of any fanwork I have created. You should credit me and include a link back to my work. And please let me know, because I'd love to see it!"
- amyfortuna (aka elance aka Elelome aka starbrow) "I am totally happy for anyone to create fanworks based on my works, including art, translations, podfic, remixes, and stories set in the same universe. All I ask is that you please link back to my work and let me know so I can perform the ancient rite of the happy dance!"
- Ashling "I'd love it if you'd make podfics, translations, fanvids, fanart, or fanmixes based off of anything I've made, just please acknowledge my work by linking back to it. And let me know you did it so I can scream with joy! If you want to write fanfic based on my fanfic, like a shared universe, please talk to me first. (EXCEPTION: Remix exchanges)"
- holy milk (aka venwe) "Blanket permission statement: feel free to remix, podfic or translate any of my works, or create other fanworks based on/inspired by mine - that is, as long as you credit me properly and give the link to the original work. You don't have to share the link to your work with me, but I'll really appreciate it if you do." 
- Punk "If you'd like to make something based on or inspired by my work—a podfic, remix, fanmix, artwork, sequel, missing scene, shoebox diorama, translation, comic book, commentary, hat, what have you—go ahead!" More detailed info at post.
- rainshaded "If you are interested in doing something with something I did, go right ahead! Podfic, remix, translation, something I've not thought of... make all the things! I'd love it if you dropped me a link to the finished product so I can run over and squee at the awesome but this is definitely not obligatory.">
- Sashataakheru "I'm more than happy for people to play in my fic worlds, to remix, translate, write sequels, make fanart, do whatever you feel called to do with my stories, as long as you let me know what you're doing, and link me back to your work so I can add it to the original works."
- teecup_angel "I'm cool if you wanna translate my works as long as: 1. You credit me as the writer and add the AO3 link. Not make it your own (dude, that's not cool.) 2. You tell me if you wanna translate it so I can paste the link here."
- Thimblerig "I'm absolutely fine with podfic of my work, someone writing something inspired by my work, or someone taking the exact same premise as one of my stories and sending it a different direction. Just make it sing, yeah? If it's podfic or a translation (or some other word for word adaptation) please credit. And I'd be interested in a link, because I'm curious." 
- unspeakablehorror " My terms for derivative works of my fanworks are the same as presented in this license: Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0)"
- used_songs "Transformative works, podfics, translations, fanart, remixes, and writing works in the same universe as any of my works is 100% OK. All I ask is that you let me know and drop me a link. Thanks!"
- ysabetwordsmith If you wish to make something of mine available for free to a wider audience, such as recording it in podfic or translating it into a new language, by all means do so. I am particularly supportive of alternative communication modes and rare or heritage languages. [...] If you do something with my work, I would appreciate a link so I can connect it. If there's a hardcopy, I would like a complimentary copy. I also expect to be credited for the inspiration, source material, or whatever."
- _rubber_chicken, Blanket Permission Statement
- fuckyeahjohnlockpodfics, Sherlock—Transformative Works Policy List, posted December 1, 2012.
- 51stcenturyfox,AO3 Profile.
- abriata, AO3 Profile, accessed Sep 22, 2016.
- addandsubtract, AO3 Profile, accessed Sep 22, 2016.
- aerye, AO3 Profile, accessed Sep 22, 2016.
- fuckyeahjohnlockpodfics, Sherlock—Transformative Works Policy List, posted November 27, 2012, accessed Sep 22, 2016.
- otter, AO3 Profile, accessed Sep 22, 2016.
- podtor_who, comment reply to bessyboo, posted November 20, 2011, accessed Sep 22, 2016.
- akerwis, AO3 Profile, accessed Sep 22, 2016.
- alacrity, AO3 Profile, accessed Sep 22, 2016.
- Alby_Mangroves,AO3 Profile, accessed Sep 22, 2016.
- alchemyalice, AO3 Profile, accessed Sep 22, 2016.
- alison, AO3 Profile, accessed Sep 23, 2016.
- amadi, Transformative Works Policy, clarified Sep 23, 2016.
- Amber, AO3 profile, accessed Oct 1, 2016.
- amyfortuna, AO3 profile, accessed Sep 26, 2016.
- Ashling, , accessed May 18, 2020.
- holy milk, AO3 profile, accessed Jan 20, 2020.
- runpunkrun: transformative works policy, accessed June 30, 2019.
- rainshaded, Transformative Works Statement!, posted January 2015 (labelled May 2019)
- Sashataakheru, AO3 Profile, accessed Mar 22, 2019.
- teecup_angel, AO3 Profile, accessed Oct 1, 2016.
- Thimblerig, , accessed 20 May, 2019
- unspeakablehorror, My Derivative Fanworks Policy, posted Dec 16, 2018; accessed Mar 22, 2019.
- used_songs, AO3 Profile, accessed Mar 22, 2019.
- ysabetwordsmith, Transformative Works Policy, posted Jan 14, 2018; accessed Mar 22, 2019.