|Music:||"Blackout" by Muse|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Blackout is an Doctor Who vid by humansrsuperior. It was reviewed by hollywoodgrrl on October 16, 2008 at the vid commentary LJ community. The vidder alos offered her own extended vid commentary in the LJ community. The vid blends text from the TV with music and images.
Vidder's Summary: "The impossible relationship between a Time Lord and a human."
- "Don't kid yourself
- and don't fool yourself
- This love's too good to last
- and I'm too old to dream"
- "My brain stutters when I think about how to comment on this glorious looking thing...the superb text..the coloring....the Doomsday clips so chillingly beating with the music underneath the other images....every frame ...guh...my eyes are stunned from the beauty, my heart is crumpled from the emotion..." ~ feedback at the vid announcement.
- "THE IMPOSSIBLE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN A TIME LORD AND A HUMAN. That's how [the vidder] describes this vid in her vid post, and really, there is no better summary for it. Because the Ten/Rose "romance" was a glorious sugar high. A whirlwind of weakness and hope, friendship, devotion, carelessness, make-believe. It happened at a very specific time for both of them and quite frankly, it was gloooorious!....But flip a coin and the spell is broken....In the end it's no more tragic than the story of Ten and Martha or the story of Ten and Donna. It's the story of the Doctor and his humans..." ~ feedback at the vid commentary rec.
- "...this is gorgeous as always. Love the floating text and text in general. Loved the intercutting starting at 2:25, and the placement of the end clips of the Tardis leaving and the words that he'd be with her forever was just so sad. Beautiful editing throughout..." ~ feedback at the vid announcement.