Better Call Saul
|Name:||Better Call Saul|
|Creator:||Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould|
|Date(s):||February 8, 2015 – present|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|External Links:||Better Call Saul on Wikipedia|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The series follows former con artist Jimmy McGill, later known as Saul Goodman as he attempts to kickstart his career as a lawyer and (unsuccessfully) leave his criminal past behind, with the help of his partner and significant other Kim Wexler. Jimmy comes into conflict with his brother mentally ill Chuck McGill, who thinks he does not deserve to be a lawyer. Chuck, who founded a law firm, Hamlin, Hamlin McGill (HHM) with the now deceased father of fellow lawyer Howard Hamlin, tries to end Jimmy's law career. Meanwhile, Mike Ehrmantraut helps provide for the family of his dead son by venturing further into Albuquerque's criminal underworld, eventually taking his place as drug lord Gustavo Fring's top man as Gustavo plots his revenge against fellow drug lord Hector Salamanca. Ignacio "Nacho" Varga, a drug dealer working the Salamanca family, is drawn further into the criminal underworld as his father's livelihood and life are threatened.
Characters and Pairings
- Jimmy McGill (aka Saul Goodman), a struggling lawyer and former scam artist. Also the main character of the show.
- Kim Wexler, Jimmy's fellow lawyer and girlfriend. Former employee of HHM.
- Mike Ehrmantraut, a former police officer who later becomes a private investigator/bodyguard/cleaner.
- Howard Hamlin, a main partner at HHM.
- Chuck McGill, a main partner at HHM and one of the series' antagonists.
- Ignacio "Nacho" Varga, a member of the Salamanca gang who later becomes a double agent.
- Gus Fring, owner of Los Pollos Hermanos, which is a front for his cocaine network. Superficially in alliance with the Salamanca gang.
- Eduardo "Lalo" Salamanca, nephew of Don Hector (Hector Salamanca). Takes control in the later seasons after Hector is incapacitated.
- Kim Wexler/Jimmy McGill
- Ignacio "Nacho" Varga/Eduardo "Lalo" Salamanca
- Jimmy McGill/Jesse Pinkman
- Howard Hamlin/Jimmy McGill
The fandom overlaps significantly with the Breaking Bad fandom, as the shows take place in the same universe and share some characters, and crossovers are frequent.
- Saul Goodman by David Cousens
- 'It's All Good Man' cartoon title card by Spiritgreen
- Fanart by Ohne Andres
- Fanart by tondagossa
- Always something smoldering somewhere by hollenius.
To Charles McGill, second chances always felt like one chance too many. (AU from the end of season 3)
- Dumpster Lawyers by dashloid.
Two lawyers meeting in a dumpster. (Daredevil crossover)
- Where the Sky meets the Sea by Vituperative_cupcakes.
After the funeral, Jimmy holds out his arms for a hug. Chuck looks at him like he’s just lit up a cigarette in a cancer ward.
- Recorder by ChloShow.
Chuck confronts Kim, Howard, and Ernesto about Jimmy's confession, and they deal with the consequences.
- The Natural Law by Rebness.
Bored on one summer's day, Jesse Pinkman and his friends take some time out to visit Spaceman McGill.
- My Brother, Myself by SegaBarrett.
A few moments in which Chuck and Jimmy were together and apart.
Archives and Fannish Links
- Better Call Saul works at AO3
- Better Call Saul & crossovers works at FanFiction.Net
- Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul at Livejournal
- Better Call Saul at TV Tropes
- Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul Wiki at Wikia