Axanar (Star Trek fan film)
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
It raised over $1 million via crowdfunding and received a lawsuit from Paramount and CBS for infringing on copyrighted elements of Star Trek.
It was discussed at Fansplaining: Lawsuit at Axanar.
- Why CBS/Paramount Lawsuit Against 'Star Trek' Fan Film Is Not Surprising, Archived version by Beatrice Verhoeven (January 8, 2016)
- Paramount lawyers call Star Trek fan film’s bluff in nerdiest lawsuit ever, Archived version by Sam Barsanti (March 13, 2016)
- Paramount Claims Crowdfunded 'Star Trek' Film Infringes Copyright to Klingon Language -- Hollywood Reporter, Archived version by Eriq Gardner (March 13, 2016)
- Paramount And CBS Clarify Copyrighted Elements In Axanar Lawsuit, Archived version by Erik Amaya (March 14, 2016)
- Justin Lin Weighs In On Latest 'Axanar' Lawsuit Development, Says That Star Trek 'Belongs To All Of Us' : CULTURE : Tech Times, Archived version by J.E. Reich (March 14, 2016)
- Helpful CBS Lawyers Explain the Many, Many Ways a Star Trek Fan Film Is Ripping Them Off, Archived version by Katharine Trendacosta (March 14, 2016)
- How $1.1 Million 'Star Trek' Fan Movie Escaped Studio Shutdown (So Far), Archived version by Beatrice Verhoeven (August 25, 2016)
- Axanar and CBS, Archived version by Alec Peters (August 30, 2016)