Anchor (Star Wars TPM story)
|Author(s):||Sleeps With Coyotes|
|Date(s):||14 March 2000|
|Fandom:||Star Wars: The Phantom Menace|
|External Links:||Anchor (Master & Apprentice)|
http://www.slashcity.com/ciceqi/Anchor.htm (defunct, Blood, Love & Rhetoric)
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Summary: On the eve of joining the Republic, a new world's secrets trap two Jedi.
CATEGORY: First Time, Angst
RATING: NC-17 for m/m sex, violence DISCLAIMER: Way down South in the land of Slashdom / The leather and studs means they're slaves of fashion / Look away! / Look away! / Look awaaaaay / Lucas-man!WARNINGS: Not-exactly-consensual sex, ouchified Jedi, strange aliens, and General Coyoteweirdness.
Recs and Reviews
Such beautiful prose, and such a delicious, shivery concept -- something alien has taken possession of Qui-Gon, and whatever it is, it has taken possession of Obi-Wan in an entirely different and more carnal way. It's spooky, it's heartbreaking, it's erotic, and it's wonderful.
"Anchor" is dark, hot, sweet, bizarre, and utterly compelling. Ladonna's writing is vivid and unique, and this story will stay with you long after you've read it.
What do you do when your master changes, but still needs you as an Anchor... by Ladonna. ("It didn’t hurt anymore...he’d gotten used to it days ago, but it frightened him, that wildness, even when he knew... ")
Not only does she write great disclaimers (Way down South in the land of Slashdom / The leather and studs means they're slaves of fashion / Look away! / Look away! / Look awaaaaay / Lucas-man!), Sleeps With Coyotes has written some stories that leave you aching: [...] For angst with a violent twist, read Anchor, a very nicely done bit of fiction.
Something alien has taken possession of Qui-Gon, and Obi-Wan must find a way to bring him back. This story is both frightening and heartbreakingly beautiful. It's a combination you don't expect, but it works, and makes this story memorable. 
- Destina. Worlds Without Boundaries: Star Wars Fiction Recommendations, updated June 13, 2002. (Accessed 10 April 2015)
- marzilla in tpm_flashback. Anchor by Ladonna King, 05 September 2004. (Accessed 17 April 2015)
- Sandy Herrold. Issues of Consent: Sandy’s mostly"Slash Without Consent" link page, via Wayback. (Accessed 08 May 2015)
- Heather's Ginchy Page o' Recs. Star Wars: The Phantom Menace(Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan unless otherwise noted). (Accessed 22 November 2015)
- hsv_fangirl in crack_van. Anchor by Ladonna King (NC-17), 16 October 2010. (Accessed 03 January 2016)