|Amaranthe Athenais, Olivia Longueville
|professional writer, fanwriter
|Robin Hood (BBC 2006), The Tudors
|Robin Hood Fan Community
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Amaranthe Athenais has been writing poems and sonnets since her early childhood. Although she is not a historian by education, she spends every single ounce of her free time writing. She thinks that writing is like finding a secret passage to a world of heightened senses and deepest emotions, which are unlocked by a magical union of words, music, and drama behind the performance.
She is a person with interests ranging from finance to art, literature, and history. She likes reading books on history, especially long and fundamental manuscripts that create a large and colorful picture of civilization development. She is especially fond of history of France, England, Holy Roman Empire, and Italy in the Middle Ages, the Renaissance era, and the New era.Her fiction works cover the spectrum of drabble to novel, and her favorite genres are drama, angst, and tragedy. It is archived at AO3, ff.net and in her original novels.
Amaranthe Athenais wrote a number of memorial and postmortem oneshots about Anne Boleyn and the people who were either close to her or contributed to her tragic downfall.
- Art of Love by Amaranthe Athenais – AU. Anne Boleyn is alone in her bedchamber. It was Anne's last night under the same roof with King François before the war and their separation. He would not come to her tonight even for a farewell night, but she wasn't going to spend the night alone.
- Agony At The Tower by Amaranthe Athenais – On the night before her execution, Anne Boleyn thinks about her life and her love story with Henry. She is doomed to die, but her spirit is not broken and the truth is at her side.
- Headless Ghosts by Amaranthe Athenais – Anne Boleyn and George Boleyn are dead, but their headless ghosts haunt Jane Boleyn every night and will probably never leave her in peace.
- Engraved Forever by Amaranthe Athenais – Anne Boleyn is dead only for several days, but Henry already proposes to Jane. Yet, Henry knows that he will never be free from Anne's hold and the memory of the beautiful seductress is engraved forever in his memory.
- Bleeding Heart by Amaranthe Athenais – Anne Boleyn is dead and Thomas Wyatt will mourn for her forever. The poet's heart is bleeding, and the light of his life is gone forever. He is heartbroken and lost without Anne.
- Her Tragic Fate by Amaranthe Athenais – Anne Boleyn is dead, and King François receives the news about her execution in England. He thinks that there would probably never be any other lady in Christendom who would ever have such a glorious and tragic fate like Anne had.
- Musings of Executioner by Amaranthe Athenais – Anne Boleyn was dead. She was destroyed by him, by Thomas Cromwell, who once was her staunch ally but finally became her sworn enemy and her executioner. How did it come to that? This is a long oneshot about Cromwell's thoughts of Anne's death.
Amaranthe Athenais is the author of some works about Robin Hood, including her several one-shots set in the pre-S1, several S2 Finale AUs, and the Robin Hood trilogy “Quintessence of life”.
- Battles And Scars by Amaranthe Athenais – It's set in the pre-series. It’s about a usual night, one of many nights, Robin spends near the walls of besieged Acre.
- Shattered Dreams by Amaranthe Athenais – It's set in the pre-series. Robin informs Marian about his decision to fight in the Holy Land for King Richard and England.
- Prophetic Dream by Amaranthe Athenais – It's set in the pre-series. Marian of Knighton is strong and stoic, but she is not invincible. In the night, she prays for the life of the absent man who broke her heart and shattered her dreams for the bright future.
- Lesson of Killing by Amaranthe Athenais – It's set in the pre-S1. Guy never killed anyone before, but tonight he has to kill an innocent man in cold blood. Vaisey became the godfather of the new Guy – he taught Guy to kill.
- Price Of Loyalty by Amaranthe Athenais – the new tragic S2 Finale AU, popular among fans. The trip to Acre to save King Richard ends in the most unexpected way.
- Lost Illusions by Amaranthe Athenais – the new dramatic S2 Finale AU, popular among fans. The journey to Acre ends with the necessity to face harsh reality instead of daydreams.
- Quintessence Of Life: Mysteries of The Past by Amaranthe Athenais – Guy/Marian, Robin/Marian, Robin/OFC AU starting from S2E10 (Walkabout), part one of the long epic (trilogy). The novel has an exclusive and original plot that is largely focused on the triangle Robin/King Richard/Guy (no slash, just the triangle about the mysterious relationships of the past), and Marian is not killed by Guy in a jealous rage. It’s a great novel, and it’s popular among fans.
- Quintessence Of Life: Mysteries Unveiled by Amaranthe Athenais – Guy/Marian, Guy/Meg, Robin/Marian, Robin/OFC AU starting from S2E10 (Walkabout), part two of the long epic (trilogy). The novel has an exclusive and original plot that is largely focused on the triangle Robin/King Richard/Guy (no slash, just the triangle about the mysterious relationships of the past). Marian is not killed by Guy in a jealous rage: someone else is mortally wounded by Vaisey. It’s a great novel, and it’s popular among fans.